Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COINS

HOW DO I SELL MY DADS COINS they are mostly silver dollars

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: COINS

If you are in Managed Payments, you won't be able to at this time. MP sellers are prohibited from selling coins right now. If not, then you list them in Coins and Paper Money. You can research values and prices by searching eBay and going to other coin dealer's web sites. It will benefit you to do as much research as possible before you try to sell here. If you have a local coin dealer, you can get some idea of their value by taking some there for appraisals. 

Silver prices are very volatile right now, so you need to do your research and be prepared to change prices on short notice.  Watch out for scammers that may try to make off site offers or ask you to contact them off eBay.

@orlore-35 wrote:

HOW DO I SELL MY DADS COINS they are mostly silver dollars

You are a brand new seller. Did you inherit these or just trying to help your dad out?

Do you have any experience in grading? Are they raw or certified?

Do you have any idea what you have or what they are worth? 

If not, you are asking for a lot of problems.

To sell coins, you really need to know what you have.

You might see about joining a coin group, putting good pictures on and seeing what they tell you about them or values.

If you have a coin shop nearby you could take them to to get some ideas.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I'm not in MP and don't sell coins .... however, if I decide to list a few coins, will that delay my invitation to MP?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Excellent advice!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hun, don't sell Dads coins..not yet..please it's not worth it.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

A buyer could return junk and you would still be refunding. That is a HIGH fraud and risky thing to sell. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

If you start off selling with zero experience selling these valuables, you will lose them to fraudsters who know more than you do. If you want to sell here, start off small and get your feet wet first. Later on, when you have built up some experience, then you might consider listing the coins, if you are not in Managed Payments. Good luck.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply