cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLASSIC VIEW TAKEN AWAY AGAIN WHY NOT GIVE SELLERS AN OPTION

We are again requesting that eBay listen to the people who support eBay.  The people who spend time to list items, sell items and the buyers who support eBay.  This reminds me of what is happening with the so called "Super League" soccer fiasco.  The fans spoke and soccer world listened.  You can give your supporters the option.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: CLASSIC VIEW TAKEN AWAY AGAIN WHY NOT GIVE SELLERS AN OPTION

I also am a long time seller, and I hate managed payments and today found out that I cannot see the old "classic" seller page.  I, too, agree that the new seller hub is useless and extremely confusing.  I hate it.  EBAY is killing itself by pissing off smaller sellers.  Hear US EBAY!!  

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

Agree 1,000% New Seller Hub does not work! Whoever designed it should be fired, it's a joke. Why, (WHY?!?) did eBay not give the sellers an Opt-out option??? I'm in hell right now, I can not believe how mad I am at the stupid change. Thanks eBay, once again, you're made changes just for change sake, you did not make it better/easier for sellers. :-((

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

Exactly the same thing I was thinking when I started my other forum post earlier about this. The geek techs must have to prove that they're 'doing something' to earn their money. Maybe we should all contribute to them to leave well enough alone.

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

New page is a nightmare .. 

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

The ability to view 200 listings per page and to see "All selling" on one page is a welcome adjustment, but there are still some major differences from the information I got on the Classic page.

For myself I list a fair amount of auctions, and I need access to fast information about the current bid totals, sales made today (or any other period of my choice such as below). I tend to follow how my auctions are doing "live" around closing stage as often there are many late messages about shipping or bidding plus as soon as auctions start ending you get endless requests from buyers to combine shipping, send invoices etc. etc. So basically that little square that @mr_lincoln refers to is quite important - and as far as I can tell totally absent from the seller hub views.

I also need to be able to sort to only show auctions with bids or similar in sorting views.

Overall I want to be able to show selling data over the "old" periods such as "today", "this week", "this month", "past month", rolling 30/31 days, or past 60/90 days. (The old options were today, this week, this month, past month, 30 days and 60 days). Currently I can only find "31 days" rolling, which is about the most useless one that existed before. For accounting purposes current month and past month are most frequently used. For keeping track of ongoing sales "today" and "current week" are great tools. When wanting to view listings and transactions that ended quite a while back 60 or 90 days would be useful. Of course some of this data can be retrieved from the all orders page - but not all, and it used to be basically available in the all selling page so no need to switch to another view several clicks away.

I am not a fan of the seller hub, and would much prefer to keep using the old classic view, but if we are being forced into the seller hub (with more clicking that wastes time), at least make sure all necessary functions are available before making the change!

Message 20 of 37
latest reply

@hknumismatics wrote:

The ability to view 200 listings per page and to see "All selling" on one page is a welcome adjustment, but there are still some major differences from the information I got on the Classic page.

For myself I list a fair amount of auctions, and I need access to fast information about the current bid totals, sales made today (or any other period of my choice such as below). I tend to follow how my auctions are doing "live" around closing stage as often there are many late messages about shipping or bidding plus as soon as auctions start ending you get endless requests from buyers to combine shipping, send invoices etc. etc. So basically that little square that @mr_lincoln refers to is quite important - and as far as I can tell totally absent from the seller hub views.

I also need to be able to sort to only show auctions with bids or similar in sorting views.

Overall I want to be able to show selling data over the "old" periods such as "today", "this week", "this month", "past month", rolling 30/31 days, or past 60/90 days. (The old options were today, this week, this month, past month, 30 days and 60 days). Currently I can only find "31 days" rolling, which is about the most useless one that existed before. For accounting purposes current month and past month are most frequently used. For keeping track of ongoing sales "today" and "current week" are great tools. When wanting to view listings and transactions that ended quite a while back 60 or 90 days would be useful. Of course some of this data can be retrieved from the all orders page - but not all, and it used to be basically available in the all selling page so no need to switch to another view several clicks away.

I am not a fan of the seller hub, and would much prefer to keep using the old classic view, but if we are being forced into the seller hub (with more clicking that wastes time), at least make sure all necessary functions are available before making the change!

@hknumismatics   Excellent post and excellent points.  One point I have made about all the page changes is the simple fact that I don't care what they make a page look like, JUST GIVE US THE SAME INFORMATION.  That's the part that just baffles me.  The information on the Classic pages has been there for eons and yet you will not find thread after thread complaining of having that information so readily available ... nope, no complaints. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 21 of 37
latest reply

Please bring back Classic View. I accepted the fact that I was forced to move to managed payments, but please this new set-up really makes it hard for me to manage my  listings. 

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

@xterramac wrote:

Please bring back Classic View. I accepted the fact that I was forced to move to managed payments, but please this new set-up really makes it hard for me to manage my  listings. 

@xterramac   The classic eBay oxymoron ... an "ALL Selling" page with NO Sales information.  Here is what the Classic pages had for YEARS without complaint and what the ALL Selling page does not have.

1A-ALL SELLING.jpg

The ALL Selling page is totally useless ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 23 of 37
latest reply

On the bright side, as soon as we get used to the new view they will change it to something that is a bigger mess and even harder to navigate.

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

This change is much like when Coca Cola (in 1985) got rid of it's immensely popular Cola and introduced "new coke" to take it's place.  A near universal riot ensued.  To save their company, they later brought back the popular old coke and gave the public the option between the two. You would think that corporations would learn from this and remember the clear lesson this situation provided. But then historical errors have a way of repeating themselves.

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

You are on point.  I agree, like you  I have no interest in spending hours learning how to customize view.  It will not increase my sales or make my listings more visible to buyers.  What a mess.

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

Well 3 hours into my time that I was supposed to be listing today, I still have NO CLUE as to how this saves me ANY time.  So much more complicated, I can't find nothing...it is a HUGE waste of my time.  I won't be listing now. No wonder there stock is plunging.  Bad decision making.  No one has been happy with the seller hub, very few.  

The casual and small seller does not need this.  BONUS for ebay is if they switch it back to classic, they will save server space.  For this is a computer drain..

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

You are so right "a computer drain" that must be the end game. Who at eBay felt this was a winner?  

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

Ready aim fire ! NOW reload and shoot the other foot off. IF IT CAN BE MADE MORE DIFFICULT  EBAY MANAGEMENT WILL FIND A WAY !!!!!!!!!!! Classic was all the info I needed in one glance (place). Worked for many years. Would still work if these idiots could leave well enough alone !

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

There is a petition to get it back. We don't like the new page and it is hurting our businesses which hurts ebay.

Message 30 of 37
latest reply