cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBD Hemp Oil suddenly restricted on eBay as of 5-11-2018

eBay has removed a handful of listings that have CBD OIL derived from HEMP from some listings, but not all, without explanation.

If anyone has had their listings removed and/or their selling privilages suspended, please post here.

eBay must be held accountalbe for their actions to the sellers that are continuing to pay their bills.

Please post below in full detail and let's demand an immediate explanation.

Message 1 of 158
latest reply
157 REPLIES 157

I wouldn't think you could buy such a thing on ebay... isn't it very strictly regulated?

Plus different states have all different laws regarding those things.

Message 2 of 158
latest reply

@jonathankirkland wrote:

I wouldn't think you could buy such a thing on ebay... isn't it very strictly regulated?

I think it's more complicated than that. I'm sure you're aware that hemp is used for plenty of things, like bags or fabrics. It isn't really anything "special". I have no idea about the specifics, but they'd probably be going out of their way to prohibit it if they wanted to. That said, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did.

Message 3 of 158
latest reply

I did some online research on this.

This is only legal in 29 states, and each of those states have very specific laws regarding use.  At least one only allows it to be sold as a treatment of epilepsy.

There is risk of liver damage to users, according to this article.  

It says the bottom line is we have a lot to learn about CBD.

https://www.prevention.com/life/a19792969/cbd-oil-benefits-side-effects/

I don't know if this has anything to do with your listings being pulled.  If your listings were pulled, you get an email stating the reason.  It could be that a competitor has reported your listings for some reason.  Or it could be that Ebay has decided to ban these listings.  

Message 4 of 158
latest reply

@jonathankirkland wrote:

Exactly. Our state requires all of those oils to be obtained from or tested by the Univ. of MS Pharmacy Dept or UMMC and certain approved, regulated pharmacies.  Different states have different rules about the percentages of the cdb and thc in those oils as well.  I wouldn't think Ebay would allow something that can vary widely from state to state, and may even be illegal in some.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 158
latest reply

Sorry OP but I think the only one who has a lot to learn here is you.

And I would not list anything like this again because if ebay has to remove it a second time you may find your selling privileges removed permanently.

Message 6 of 158
latest reply

I am very sick and did 2 months research on legal CBD oil. I check all legalities before start studing a company out of California called Medterra. They sell the purest CBD oil on the market and have been selling to doctors. The Fda has watched them carefully and I have studied all there charts. Safeway is 0 tolerance and they have approved my oil by their Union. I have left my job because of my health. I have been on ebay since the beginning under 2 accounts and now my only income is ebay. I have been selling this legal oil as a health product and it is my only source of income. I know what other sellers are selling on ebay is not clean medicinal and they are doing for a huge profit. I am not. I started this to help other sick people. After ebay fees, free shipping, and paypal fees I barely make enough to survive. Well ebay just shut me down yet they let others sell it. What can I do. I can send you charts. This is as safe and legal as herbal tea. Sincerely Don Mayo

Message 7 of 158
latest reply

Absolutely.  Have read many threads where the seller just kept re-listing it, they were going to show Ebay.  Then they are suspended indefinitely, and lose their selling privileges and come to the Board upset because it turned out that Ebay showed them.

Stay safe, OP.

Message 8 of 158
latest reply

@fromthisplanet wrote:

I am very sick and did 2 months research on legal CBD oil. I check all legalities before start studing a company out of California called Medterra. They sell the purest CBD oil on the market and have been selling to doctors. The Fda has watched them carefully and I have studied all there charts. Safeway is 0 tolerance and they have approved my oil by their Union. I have left my job because of my health. I have been on ebay since the beginning under 2 accounts and now my only income is ebay. I have been selling this legal oil as a health product and it is my only source of income. I know what other sellers are selling on ebay is not clean medicinal and they are doing for a huge profit. I am not. I started this to help other sick people. After ebay fees, free shipping, and paypal fees I barely make enough to survive. Well ebay just shut me down yet they let others sell it. What can I do. I can send you charts. This is as safe and legal as herbal tea. Sincerely Don Mayo

So sorry you have these health issue and are dealing with this, too, but I doubt there is anything you can do.

Message 9 of 158
latest reply

@fromthisplanet wrote:

Very sorry you are sick. I also have chronic health issues so I understand a bit where you're coming from. And I don't think anyone here necessarily disbelieves you.

However, just because you were doing it for X amount of time doesn't mean you were really ever allowed to do so. And just because others are still doing it does not mean they are allowed to do so either.

Ebay has strict guidelines regarding some items that are prohibited for very good reasons. I would recommend not relisting it again.

Message 10 of 158
latest reply

Another uncalled for reply Jonathan - think before you write! There is no reason to be snarky and rude.

OP - if Ebay doesn't allow it than unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. I'm sure they are going through listings and taking down all that are selling this type of item. If they don't I'd give them a call and ask them why.

I know my son's friend has a very profitable business in Texas selling this as it's extremely helpful specially to vets with PTSD.

Message 11 of 158
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

Another uncalled for reply Jonathan - think before you write! There is no reason to be snarky and rude.

OP - if Ebay doesn't allow it than unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. I'm sure they are going through listings and taking down all that are selling this type of item. If they don't I'd give them a call and ask them why.

I know my son's friend has a very profitable business in Texas selling this as it's extremely helpful specially to vets with PTSD.

Not uncalled for. It's the truth. Excuse you.

Message 12 of 158
latest reply

I had Vets taking CBD for that. I have doctor giving it to his horses. I did so much research I just don't get any response from my own website. Now ebay has taken away my only source of income. I checked this company out completely. They are complient with all laws. How do they expect me to support my family now. My ebay fees are almost 800 for the month

Message 13 of 158
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tronfan3010 wrote:

eBay has removed a handful of listings that have CBD OIL derived from HEMP from some listings, but not all, without explanation.

If anyone has had their listings removed and/or their selling privilages suspended, please post here.

eBay must be held accountalbe for their actions to the sellers that are continuing to pay their bills.

Please post below in full detail and let's demand an immediate explanation.

Hi @tronfan3010, I can clarify that while CBD products are legal in a number of countries, as a global company we have elected to prohibit the sale of these products on our website.  I recommend that you check the email we sent when these listings were removed as it goes into detail about this policy and why we have made this decision.

Message 14 of 158
latest reply

Unfortunately if the product is not allowed - there's not a lot you can do except find something else to sell. If you try to relist the items - Ebay will end up suspending your acct for good.

Message 15 of 158
latest reply