cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers are asking about an item they see in my (variety) listing, but I don't have listed/never did.

I have a listing for some FNAF figures, a listing with 6 varieties, so with a dropdown menu, etc. I have 6 different figures listed. In the last 2 weeks I've had 3 different buyers ask about another figure (Circus Baby) that I don't have listed, and never have had listed. But apparently they can see it. I guess they aren't able to purchase it though, and that is why they send me a message asking about it. 

When I go to the listing, I do not see it. I double checked all my pictures, I looked at the dropdown menu...I don't know what they're seeing. I have no 'Circus Baby' listed. 

I've asked them for more details (did they come to my listing via google, or directly in eBay?.. are they shopping on a phone?..) and asked if they could send me a screenshot, but no one has given me any more info, so I have no idea what they're seeing. Or why. 

Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Buyers are asking about an item they see in my (variety) listing, but I don't have listed/never

Maybe they are just seeing your listing and are asking if you also have the one they want but not currently listed?

If it was listed and they wanted it they would just buy it.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: Buyers are asking about an item they see in my (variety) listing, but I don't have listed/never

I thought maybe 1st buyer was confused/mistaken, but since the other two messaged, I think they are all seeing it. 

These are messages from the 3 different buyers:

"Hello I have a question. I saw this listing and I see there’s a circus baby figure with it and I really would want one but the listing does not say anything about circus baby, and the others are pictures in a house but circus baby’s is just a stock image, so I would like to have proof that your actully selling this product".

"Your listing has a photo of Circus Baby. Is the Circus Baby action figure available for purchase?"

"The one your selling, is it the circus baby figurine?"

So they are definitely seeing a photo that is somehow shown in association with my listing.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

This one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144292124561

There is no circus baby in that listing.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Yes, that's the listing.

I don't see Circus Baby either, but they do. 

I know if you find an item through a google search, and follow a link through to eBay, sometimes it will take you to an altogether different ('similar') item once you reach eBay, for instance if the original item is sold out/no longer available.  But it sounds like they are seeing a photo in my actual listing...

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@cleaning.the.attic wrote:

Yes, that's the listing.

I know if you find an item through a google search, and follow a link through to eBay, sometimes it will take you to an altogether different ('similar') item once you reach eBay, for instance if the original item is sold out/no longer available.  But it sounds like they are seeing a photo in my actual listing...

Maybe buyers are seeing it on one of the many other listings eBay shows on your page (Sponsored and non-Sponsored).

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Yes, that's the listing.

Are they seeing in in the "similar items' at the bottom of your listing and think it is part of your listing? 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Silly question, but have you ever offered/sold Circus Baby before? In an old listing, perhaps? Curiouser and curiouser...

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Yes, that's the listing.

Just a couple of comments on this...

First, in this screenshot of what I'm seeing (Chrome browser at 100%), the little Down Arrow next to the Select prompt is almost completely covered by the "Shop with confidence" and Seller Info blocks to the right of it, so some newbie buyers may not be aware that they're supposed to click on it to produce the dropdown menu of available choices: 

Select.jpg

Secondly, and I know this is a bit of a longshot, but the second-to-last of your photos shows the back of one item, and the lower right image there shows what they call a "Scrap Baby" (not Circus Baby), which is made by the buyer from the other five items shown. I guess it's possible that someone saw that (a little blurry) and was asking about that instead...?

I know there's a separate Circus Baby in the lineup, but I'm thinking at this point that the prospective buyers are just asking around in case you or someone else might have one. Your sales record shows several duplicates (of other choices) sold already, so maybe they figured hey, doesn't hurt to ask... (The ones that swear they saw it in your listing probably did indeed see one of those from other sellers across the bottom of your listing.)

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Yes, that's the listing.

They don't see a circus baby. Believe me. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I listed a Glow in the Dark Circus Baby once, single listing, probably 4-5 years back (or could've been 8, haha). But nothing recent, nothing associated with this listing. 

In reply to others--I don't know what they're seeing, maybe it is the other suggestive listings at the bottom. I wish one of them would tell me, but no luck with a response so far, I guess they just want to know if I have it or not.

One has 0 feedback, one has 81 and the other 108, so enough to have made a few purchases, figure out how eBay works (I'd think). I have no idea. Occasionally I'll have people ask "Do you happen to have this other similar toy" etc but these were all on this one item, in a short time frame, so I just thought it was odd. Maybe all 3 of them are confused 😆

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Maybe they landed on a 'Product Page', where what is showing as a photo might not be what is being sold by some sellers.

Customer error -or- ebay glitch.

I vote customer error.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 13 of 13
latest reply