cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

I have a buyer this week who has not paid. I tried to communicate with him several times. He is not even courteous enough to tell me he made a mistake or changed him mind.  Now an unpaid item case has been opened. He has kept it from being available for over a week as of February 16th. Why does someone do this?

Also, can I comment on his page about how unreliable and uncommicative he is so others will know?

Thank you in advance for answers.

PS I had someone in December who kept telling me PayPal was having probelms and would not accept his card and he didn't hear back from them. I think he lied about it because he changed his mind. At least he comunicated, even with lies!! Plus noone else I was selling to had any problems.  LOL

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
4 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

It happens, because EBay allows it to happen.

It's very counterproductive, definitely.  Buyers will bid on multiple items of the same type, then cherry pick the one they think is the best value, over a period of a few days, or even weeks, if sellers allow it.  As for them not communicating, it's not surprising.  They just want you to disappear, along with the "contract" they entered into..  without any regard to money lost, downtime, or a seller missing their bills.

It's sad and pathetic.  Probably why BIN with payment required has become more popular.  Not because buyers really want this, but because sellers are disgusted with EBay's mismanagement of their own system.

And yes, sellers should be able to leave negs.  They were originally prevented because of bad sellers, who would neg a good buyer because they didn't go along with the sellers scam.  Nowadays, bad buyers are a whole new situation, thanks to the nerfs this site has been suffering though.

The system is broken 😞

In a fairy tale world, EBay would look into this and fix the issue.  But, in all honesty, they won't.  😞 😞

Off note: How hard would it be to implement a new Buyer Requirement: Prevent buyers from purchasing my items if they have more than [ X ] reports against them for abusing the Money Back Guarantee. Where X is a value between 0 and 1000. I'm on-board for zero!!!! =D Gimme!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

Community Member
|
|

in reply to abus865
‎02-12-2016 08:07 PM

Thank you so much for your understanding an explanation. I don't see why eBay doesn't pick up on this. It seems it would be to their advantage.

What is a BIN with payment?

Thank you.

---------------------------------

BIN = Buy It Now

"Payment required" is something you can request at the time of listing your item.  I think newer accounts need to set up a bank link to make this possible.  I resisted and never gave EBay my bank info, forseeing the headaches that would ensue.  Over time, EBay just gave up and allowed me to do Payment Required.  I don't know how or why, but they did.  I like it.

Best wishes

Off note: How hard would it be to implement a new Buyer Requirement: Prevent buyers from purchasing my items if they have more than [ X ] reports against them for abusing the Money Back Guarantee. Where X is a value between 0 and 1000. I'm on-board for zero!!!! =D Gimme!

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

I editted my response above.

You are most welcome! 🙂

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

Thank you for these links. They are very helpful for the future which I hope I don't have ti use.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

@bookmommie wrote:

Also, can I comment on his page about how unreliable and uncommicative he is so others will know?

No you cannot say anything negative about a buyer...that's a policy violation and can get you into trouble.

For non-communicative buyers just open UID after a few days (or set your UIA to do it for you).

If buyer does communicate and specifically asks for a cancel...do that...but only if they ask you in an ebay message.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-item-assistant.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything above & below this line is opinion
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

@bookmommie wrote:

I have a buyer this week who has not paid. I tried to communicate with him several times. He is not even courteous enough to tell me he made a mistake or changed him mind.  Now an unpaid item case has been opened. He has kept it from being available for over a week as of February 16th. Why does someone do this?

Thank you in advance for answers.

PS I had someone in December who kept telling me PayPal was having probelms and would not accept his card and he didn't hear back from them. I think he lied about it because he changed his mind. At least he comunicated, even with lies!! Plus noone else I was selling to had any problems.  LOL

That's been happening a lot lately, so that was probably true.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

You can choose to minimize the item "down time" by opening a UID 48 hrs. after the listing ends and closing the dispute 96 hrs. later - total "down time" = 6 days.

Not allowed. NO negative commentary is allowed to be left in FB about a buyer.

If you choose to ignore ebay policy and do so, you could end up with a policy violation scar against YOUR account.

"They don't keep me here 'cause I'm GORGEOUS, they keep me here 'cause I'm SMART"...Judge Judy

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

It happens, because EBay allows it to happen.

It's very counterproductive, definitely.  Buyers will bid on multiple items of the same type, then cherry pick the one they think is the best value, over a period of a few days, or even weeks, if sellers allow it.  As for them not communicating, it's not surprising.  They just want you to disappear, along with the "contract" they entered into..  without any regard to money lost, downtime, or a seller missing their bills.

It's sad and pathetic.  Probably why BIN with payment required has become more popular.  Not because buyers really want this, but because sellers are disgusted with EBay's mismanagement of their own system.

And yes, sellers should be able to leave negs.  They were originally prevented because of bad sellers, who would neg a good buyer because they didn't go along with the sellers scam.  Nowadays, bad buyers are a whole new situation, thanks to the nerfs this site has been suffering though.

The system is broken 😞

In a fairy tale world, EBay would look into this and fix the issue.  But, in all honesty, they won't.  😞 😞

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

Some people are slow, or waiting for pay day, or embarrassed when pressed for payment and rather than lie, they don't respond until they pay...or not.

When did this item end?

If the buyer does pay for his item before the dispute closes, let him be and DO NOT leave a positive feedback suggesting anything negative. Slow payment is not even an acceptable reason for leaving a negative worded feedback, IMO.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

If someone's isn't paying you, it's probably not a good idea to keep contacting them, asking them if they're going to pay. Buyers know that they have a responsibility to pay what they commit to buy. If they don't pay, you just need to open up the unpaid item disputes and then close them so they get the strikes.
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

Its really bad when a seller ignores you after a purchase. They didn't claim the payment in PayPal and won't respond to my emails.
Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

I thought the item ended when I accepted his offer. If not when does an item end?

Thanks for your reply.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

Thank you so much for your understanding an explanation. I don't see why eBay doesn't pick up on this. It seems it would be to their advantage.

Thank you.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

Thank you.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

BIN [Buy It Now] with payment 

Understanding immediate payment

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html

"They don't keep me here 'cause I'm GORGEOUS, they keep me here 'cause I'm SMART"...Judge Judy

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

Community Member
|
|

in reply to abus865
‎02-12-2016 08:07 PM

Thank you.

---------------------------------

BIN = Buy It Now

"Payment required" is something you can request at the time of listing your item.  I think newer accounts need to set up a bank link to make this possible.  I resisted and never gave EBay my bank info, forseeing the headaches that would ensue.  Over time, EBay just gave up and allowed me to do Payment Required.  I don't know how or why, but they did.  I like it.

Best wishes

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

Thanks so much.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Buyers Who Do Not Pay

Thank you much.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply