cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer with reshipper address on New Castle DE

I have sold expensive item to buyer with address as New Castle , DE and that shows as reshipper address for buyer located Out side of United states. But that buyer has good feedback as more than 1K . Is this safe to ship the item ? I see n google this reshipper address always shows some scams? Can anyone suggest please or anyone experienced on this before 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

There are many freight consolidators/freight forwarders in Delaware. I have shipped to that location numerous times over the years without any problems. They always pay, they always receive the items safely, their buyers receive the items, and have never returned anything. There are also several common areas in Florida, California, & Oregon that also have freight consolidators/freight forwarders for overseas customers. Again, no issues with them either. 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Every location, not just these reshippers, are prone to scams. So to answer your question, yes it is prone to scams like anywhere else. I’ve had a lot of experience shipping to these places. Many are also to New Castle. Yes very few had problems, many turned out great.

Is it safe to ship? No, nowhere is ever safe to ship. Should you ship it? Yes. That’s what you do as an online seller.

One added bonus to these reshippers is that you’re very less likely to see an actual completed return for refund from these. As the buyer would probably not ship it back to you from their own country. For SNADs you’ll only be responsible for paying for the item to be shipped back to you from New Castle, which the package obviously wouldn’t be at.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I have not had any issues shipping to New Castle, Florida or Oregon (Re-Shippers).  If you ship, make sure to add Insurance and Signature Confirmation.  Good luck on your selling journey.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

As others  mentioned scams can occur with any type of sale. Generally FF's are about as safe as any other shipping method and a lot of merchandise flows through them. You are also selling one of the most scammed items out there, cell phones. Scammers love them along with other electronic items and there are endless postings on this forum about sellers being scammed out of cell phones, computers and other electronic devices. 

If you continue to sell cell phones make sure you retain the IMEI number in case of a scam. It will not help you get the item back or reduce you financial loss but in the event of a scam you can report the IMEI number to the IMEI blacklist which renders the phone pretty much useless to the scammer. Since the item is over $750 you are required by eBay to have a signature receipt but that only covers you to receipt by the FF not the buyer. Be sure to add extra insurance to cover the item although that is also only good until the item arrives with the FF. 

EBay does provide sellers some protection when a FF is used but it is limited and eBay has waffled on their own policy with regards to INR and NAD cases. Also remember that eBay's policies are pretty much void when it comes to a chargeback. You also have your listings posted as seller does not accept returns you may want to read up on exactly what that means. In a nutshell no returns does not mean no refunds. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy... 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/payment-dispute-seller-protections/payment-dispute-seller-protect... 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@joseh1445  Thanks for the quick reply on this .

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@iamalwaysright  Thanks for your response on this

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@joseh1445  Thanks for your response on this

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt  Thanks for your response and provided more details on this.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Some freight forwarders are cover for scam operations. Some just allow any customer to use them which includes scam artists. Some do t have any reports of scams. It seems that some freight forwarders are more friendly to scams for whatever reason.When I see one with lots of scams I just message the customer to not send to an address with many reports of fraud and they can reorder to a freight forwarder that doesn’t have these problems . I’ve found some reorder to a different freight company and some insist they can only send there which is a red flag in my opinion. 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

After reading this, I have decided no more selling on eBay. I did not realize how eBay does its sellers wrong even with clear evidence that they have been scammed. I will be selling locally on Facebook from now on. 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@swift1max wrote:

After reading this, I have decided no more selling on eBay. I did not realize how eBay does its sellers wrong even with clear evidence that they have been scammed. I will be selling locally on Facebook from now on. 

Ummm.  Wrong thread?  This is a thread from last year.  The OP got their answer & nobody in this thread has been scammed.  If you have an issue, you may want to start your own thread. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

This is the global shipping service address.  Ebay will ship the items overseas for you.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

So eBay's new freight forwarding address (used to be the GSP) is in Delaware?

Are you certain of that?  

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

My last EIS order just the other day went to Glendale Heights, IL.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 15 of 18
latest reply