cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants to return ring after having item for 47 days. (Doesn't Fit)

Buyer purchased on 5/17/22

Buyer received item on 5/19/22

Buyer wants to return ring because it does not fit / 7/4/22

That is 47 days.

I have not said that I would accept the return, but EBAY says I did.

They want me to provide return address.

What should I do?  Thank you for any help.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

what is your return policy on this item?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I do not accept returns.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@mewmew52lk 

No returns does not mean no refunds.  It's Ebays Money back guarantee.  I would accept the return and provide the shipping label too.  It's past the 30 day time frame.  But I guess ebay said differently. Hopefully they'll send it back to you, however, because you don't accept returns they are not obligated to return it and will get their money back as well.  Protect yourself.  Accept returns. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

If this was the ring you sold on 17 May it does state "seller does not accept returns" in the listing. However because of the MBG that is only applicable to remorse returns. I am not sure what kind of case the buyer opened with eBay or WHY eBay cannot determine it is past their return timeline as stated in their own policy, but as others stated not accepting returns does not mean no refunds. Depending on how you respond to the case will determine what the outcome will be. If you refuse the return eBay may refund the buyer anyway and allow them to keep the item. If you accept the return and offer a refund once the item is returned depending on the type of case the buyer opened you may be able to partially refund upon receipt of the returned item and refund the purchase price - (shipping cost + eBay fees). 

If you decline the return and even if eBay rules in your favor there is always the possibility that the buyer will open a chargeback with their CC company, which usually have longer timelines, and the buyer will most likely be refunded and allowed to keep the item. With a chargeback eBay is removed from the decision making process although they do offer some seller protections against chargebacks. As ckimodog  suggested make your life simple and accept returns. 

a1.jpg

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I used to have 14 days return policy... Since ebay changed it to 1 month minimum (ridicules for reselling platform) I am using " no return" policy.  

The changes here on ebay are ..not smart... I would say...

Good luck

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I used to have 14 days return policy... Since ebay changed it to 1 month minimum (ridicules for reselling platform) I am using " no return" policy.  

The changes here on ebay are ..not smart... I would say...

Good luck

That is your choice but understand that "seller does not accept returns" does NOT mean no refunds on an eBay NAD claim and the time period for CC chargebacks is often much longer than 30 days depending on the CC company. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

" I am not sure what kind of case the buyer opened with eBay"

OP said it was a "didnt fit" return remorse request.

Remorse returns are not required to be accepted on a "no returns" transaction.

Of course that does not eliminate the chance of a chargeback....

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

OP said it was a "didnt fit" return remorse request.

Remorse returns are not required to be accepted on a "no returns" transaction.

Of course that does not eliminate the chance of a chargeback....

I was not sure since OP just stated buyer said it did not fit which could just as easily been a NAD case. Given eBay seems to think buyer has a legitimate return claim and is asking for return information rather than giving the seller the option to decline the return I thought it may have been NAD. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply