cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer's Leaving Positive Feedback and really low DSR's

Why do buyers do this? I understand some seller's do charge an exuberant amount for shipping but if any buyer would actually figure up the cost of shipping, the cost of the package itself/packaging materials then maybe they would see some seller's really aren't overcharging them to the extent that they need to leave 1, 2 & 3 star DSR's for shipping! I'm a very small seller and I sell my items at yard sale prices I think yet apparently I should just ship the item out for free too! One lady as an example bought something from me and I wound up upgrading her package to Priority as it was over the weight, cost more than she even paid in shipping not counting my fee's I had to pay so I basically lost on that particular one but she left positive feedback and extremely low DSR's, low for item as described & shipping.  I immediately just go in and block these kind of buyers. I have even put it in every one of my listings that if there are any problems to please contact me prior to feedback and leaving any DSR yet not a single one of them EVER have! They clearly see the cost of the item and cost of the shipping PRIOR to buying yet they still buy then want to complain only in a sneaky way? They honestly think a seller can't determine which buyer lowballed them on DSR, especially a small seller who doesn't sell a lot of things on a regular basis? Thankfully I don't get too many but how many is too many before you cannot sell anymore or is there a way to have them removed if they are completely unfair? 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Buyer's Leaving Positive Feedback and really low DSR's

be careful what you complain about. They could be leaving you a neg or neutral to go with the low DSR

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Its frustrating.  I do not charge handling nor any added fees to shipping.  Yet...

On one item I shipped out, it ended up costing me  about 2.00 more to ship than what the buyer was charged  (due to my OCD packing lol).  The cost was shown on the package so the buyer knew that it cost more to ship than what they paid and guess what - they dinged the shipping cost star. 

Another one came out 5 cents less than what the buyer paid.  They left me a low shipping star!  There were no handling fees involved.  I only charge what the PO charges me.

I know eBay says the DSR's are basically meaningless but if this is true - why show them at all? Why not get rid of them, unless...they mean to use them again for some future house cleaning of sellers!

On the bright side, a seller that sold the same items I did bought from me, left a positive but left 1's on everything they could.  eBay removed it even though it was a positive as  they could easily see it was competing seller and all that.  

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

2007 called, and they want their discussion topic back 🙂

Sorry, I couldn't resist. 

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

2007 called, and they want their discussion topic back 🙂

Sorry, I couldn't resist. 

Bet there are still some sellers who block buyers who don't give the 5's across the board.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply