cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer returns only one of the items and still wants refund?

I need advise on what I should do with this buyer. I sold a vintage boy and girl stuff dolls, the buyer complained she wanted her refund. Complaining the dolls weren't as described. I agreed to refund her money as soon as the dolls were returned. In the meantime my money is being withheld by bank till the dispute is met. Yesterday I received a box from the buyer with one of the dolls and not the other doll. I messaged her to return the other doll and have not heard from her. I called eBay and was told I need to wait till she returns the other doll or she will not get her refund and I will not get the money from the bank because the dispute is not closed. My question is,

Where do I go from here if the buyer refuses to return the other doll?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

...the return package tracking number showed delivered, regardless how many of your dolls were returned, even none, eBay will refund the buyer...the only benefit is you will be credited eBay's selling fee but not the $0.30 transaction fee...

...don't rely too much on eBay CS rep., they said whatever you want to hear to believe so they can get off their conversation with you by the allowance time frame per eBay's instruction...

...put that buyer on your BBL, report her to eBay (although what eBay doing with the report only God knows...) and...move on...unless you want to appeal eBay's decision then better buckle up for the fight for your right...

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I called eBay and was told I need to wait till she returns the other doll or she will not get her refund... 

@youngdnmec 

I would not rely on that information being true, and indeed following that advice is likely to cause more trouble  for you.  Generally speaking, with eBay it does not matter what is returned for a refund.   The only thing considered is that tracking indicates delivery of "something" back to you.  The system is basically automated, and if you don't cooperate with buyer fraud, eBay is going to do it for you with additional unsavory consequences for your account.  They will not split the return money taken from your proceeds since only part of the product was returned.  I don't think returning "half " the money will help unless you qualify under the TRS/free returns stipulation that allows for this. 

I believe the present protocol is to refund the buyer, report the buyer, and then appeal after the fact.  Though the same result,  as far as losing the entire payment and  your one doll will be the same, you will not have a "case without seller resolution" filed against your account.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You have a short window once the return shows delivered to you to refund your Buyer.  If you do not, Buyer can escalate to E-Bay. 

Stuff4divas gave you the social media links - not sure what "day" in the return cycle you are in.  I would post quickly today to seek interaction/assistance.

Your buyer is Savy.  This is prime for the Buyer to be refunded 100%, including shipping and keep 1 doll for free.

Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 5
latest reply