cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer returned an item that hasn't been shipped yet?

I got a return request from a buyer who purchased an item that hasn't been shipped yet because they "found a better price". Of course - eBay approved the return. Welcome to crazyland.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Buyer returned an item that hasn't been shipped yet?

Ever bought an item from one store, then saw it cheaper in another store, so you returned the first one?

It happens.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@jokabofe wrote:

I got a return request from a buyer who purchased an item that hasn't been shipped yet because they "found a better price". Of course - eBay approved the return. Welcome to crazyland.

Thats one flaw with the new policy of automatically approving remorse returns when the seller accepts returns. Now your buyer has been told to ship back something they haven't even received yet! So now what? does ebay expect you to ship the item to the buyer who obviously no longer wants it?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Ever bought an item from one store, then saw it cheaper in another store, so you returned the first one?

It happens.

I have to say that I have never done that.  That is on me for not comparison shopping a little longer.  The retailer should not have to deal with my inattentiveness.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

gopetersen
Rockstar

Give CS a call and ask if they can change it from a "Return" to a "Cancellation".

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

It happens.

I have to say that I have never done that.  That is on me for not comparison shopping a little longer.  The retailer should not have to deal with my inattentiveness.

Say you bought a pretty pricey item today at one store.  And tomorrow it went on sale at another.  We are not talking a small amount of difference either.

Many will not out of principle or affordability keep that first item.  I know I would exchange it.

And that is why many stores do price match.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Is this one of your items with a 30 day Handling Time?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

It happens.

Absolutely.  But I've never gone to the first store asking for a refund without bringing the item back.  Yes, in this case the buyer paid and therefore could request a return.  But wouldn't it have been nicer if s/he contacted the seller with the reason why it was no longer needed?  It wasn't the OP's fault eBay decided to show a cheaper listing after the buyer purchased so why punish him with the loss of return shipping on top of already being out the initial postage?  Simply refusing the package would have accomplished the same thing without the financial double whammy.

Sorry...forgot where I was.  Nice or empathetic is not something found here.

Joe

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@jokabofe wrote:

That really stinks. And now you have a return counted against you. I think I`d call ebay on this one.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Many buyers do not know all of the ins and outs of ebay like we do.

This buyer probably did not realize he had to contact seller through email, but thought putting through the return through ebay would achieve the same results.

But yes this is why I will not be selling here for Christmas.  Thanks to last minute cleuless husbands I get a lot of returns in January.  In the past it meant me paying to upgrade shipping.  This year it could affect my ability to sell here.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

You don’t even have to accept returns, my listings state no returns. Yet I was told by eBay I have to take returns & reimburse for return shipping fees! What’s the point of making “ no returns “ a option on your listing? Read the fine line sellers!
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

No returns are for remorse only.

For SNAD, all sellers take returns.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

It's hard to believe you don't get many requests like this.  Who wants to wait until October to receive something they know they're going to return?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply