cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer return but nothing in the box

Hello, so the customer bought something from me and they decided to return the item. When I receive their return nothing was in the box. Is there a way to not refund the buy or something else? 

I also chatted with eBay support and they direct me to: 

https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/mudcwf?deptName=USMemberResolution

Telling me to send photo of what I receive, I did it.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How much was it, that will determine my next move.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I thought my return was bad.Atleast they sent it back.Destroyed.Because I have no returns ,but accepted the return.Im screwed.Ebay will give them the money back.If you accept returns you can give a partial refund.I would give them the least amount allowed .And send them a picture of empty box.When you call ebay, all you get is a run around.Reps.will tell you anything they think you want to here, just to get you off the phone.Almost always it's the wrong thing.After countless calls, much aggravation,  you will realized it's a waste of time.Report the buyer for abuse of return policy and that's all you can do.Sorry for, sorry for me, and everybody else this happens too.Its not right.As someone wrote to me today.Its the cost of selling online.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Start the below communication between you and the buyer:

#1. Ask the buyer for the items by a certain date then clearly state what YOUR next step will be.

- ex. Please return my property by August 13, 2023. If I do not receive my property back I will do the following on August 14th, 2023: File a police report locally and in your town(look up their PD), contact the USPS Postal Inspectors to file a mail theft case. Please be prepared if either of these law enforcement agencies comes to your house at 123 Main ST, Poorville, Co 33333 to ask you questions.

#2. Come the 14th do the above letting the buyer know you have file theft reports to all.

It's a poker game, but it has worked every time for me.

Keep your communication short and precise. Follow through. Also, include that you open under camera all shipments going out and returned as evidence.

And yes, I understand some of the agencies may not take a theft report but the buyer doesn't know that.  In my case, I have a great local PD that mails a certified letter to the buyers and I have had good luck with PD's on the receiving end. Postal Inspectors? I actually have several that are friends. That does help.

Good luck!

PS: Your feedback could use improving. Just say'in.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply