cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer requests money back the day after I shipped item

Ok, so I posted here a couple days ago about a weird buyer with 1 star feedback buying a 199 USD doll from me. Buyer kept repeating same questions about when I would ship the doll to her and what was included in the package and when I would ship and when would it arrive, and so on. Weird but ok, I shipped yesterday!! I guess I got scammed, she messaged me today asking for a refund. Please help, I'm lost, don't know what to do 😞

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Buyer requests money back the day after I shipped item

Well, I don't think she got confused. She has been weird all the time. All the repeated questions, the mispelling, the 1 only feedback she has on eBay, her Facebook profile which I found out... not the kind of person I'd like to sell to. But I shipped the doll anyway, believing she could have some mental issues hence her behaviour. But when she asked for money back, I definitely got my inner alarms on.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

"...so now she messaged me back and says she does want the doll ...."

Just send her a note: Thank you. Your package is on it's way.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

I can appreciate why you are apprehensive, and not necessarily without reason.  However, they let all kinds of people run around nowadays, without keepers.  There is only so much you can do when they are allowed to have their freedoms.  Overly worrying about it, beforehand, isn't good for you and there isn't too much you can do about it.  Having visited the forum, at least you are better prepared for what MIGHT happen.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

@duart-it2015 wrote:

Well, I don't think she got confused. She has been weird all the time. All the repeated questions, the mispelling, the 1 only feedback she has on eBay, her Facebook profile which I found out... not the kind of person I'd like to sell to. But I shipped the doll anyway, believing she could have some mental issues hence her behaviour. But when she asked for money back, I definitely got my inner alarms on.

Why do you feel the need to check out a buyer's Facebook profile?

C.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

I'm not the OP but sometimes when communication in transactions is strange enough, some will check out social media profiles.  It's not unusual, even businesses do it.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 20 of 26
latest reply

She was too weird. In 5 years selling never dealt with one like this. So I checked her Facebook, just trying to figure out if she was trouble.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

I would like to point out this is an International sale that transpired under a "Seller does not accept returns" policy, some of the advice given thus far falls under domestic sales that assume seller accepts returns.

I am not saying this seller can not ask for a return however those concerned with the matter may wish to review the MBG's guidelines specific to this particular transaction.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

I hope you shipped it insured/tracked. Anything can happen when it comes to an International transaction, lost or damaged. If you didn't insure and it's just the next shipping day, you can purchase 3rd party insurance. I've used u-pic. Hope everything works out.
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

This one has a very simple answer.....don’t send a refund until the buyer returns the item in the same condition as you shipped it.  EBay even puts this same advice notice at the top of the refund request page.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

At this point don't worry about it.  You already shipped it.  Wait and see what happens.  Hopefully everything will turn out ok.   Come back and let us know. 

Now go make some more money on ebay.  😃

Good luck and stay safe!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@duart-it2015 wrote:

Ok, so I posted here a couple days ago about a weird buyer with 1 star feedback buying a 199 USD doll from me. Buyer kept repeating same questions about when I would ship the doll to her and what was included in the package and when I would ship and when would it arrive, and so on. Weird but ok, I shipped yesterday!! I guess I got scammed, she messaged me today asking for a refund. Please help, I'm lost, don't know what to do 😞

Return for a refund. Thank you for flying eBay.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply