cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer requests money back the day after I shipped item

Ok, so I posted here a couple days ago about a weird buyer with 1 star feedback buying a 199 USD doll from me. Buyer kept repeating same questions about when I would ship the doll to her and what was included in the package and when I would ship and when would it arrive, and so on. Weird but ok, I shipped yesterday!! I guess I got scammed, she messaged me today asking for a refund. Please help, I'm lost, don't know what to do 😞

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Buyer requests money back the day after I shipped item

@duart-it2015 wrote:

Ok, so I posted here a couple days ago about a weird buyer with 1 star feedback buying a 199 USD doll from me. Buyer kept repeating same questions about when I would ship the doll to her and what was included in the package and when I would ship and when would it arrive, and so on. Weird but ok, I shipped yesterday!! I guess I got scammed, she messaged me today asking for a refund. Please help, I'm lost, don't know what to do 😞

I had a couple of those recently... this one guy bought some coin sets and because it was taking a couple of days for the item to travel from Canada to USA, he starts pestering me for a refund.

So I said "I can't refund you on this, I already shipped it. If you want a refund you're going to have to return the item and I will refund you in full."

You're not required to refund until you get the item back.

C.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Google:    usps package intercept

Then click the usps link that comes up.

Hope this helps you.

Tammy

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Ok, but I am kind of fraid she might damage the item on purpose, or say she didn't receive it... because she was clearly waiting for me to ship it to ask for a refund. Should I report her to eBay? I really need some advice. I don't want to loose a 199 USD like this 😞 😞

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

I am shipping from Europe to the USA, does this intercept function work?

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

"....I can't refund you on this, I already shipped it. If you want a refund you're going to have to return the item and I will refund you in full."

This is perfect. Say nothing other than this. ^^^ Cease communication until tracking shows item is delivered.

You're not required to refund until you get the item back."

Hold on to this thought.......

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Ok, I will send her that message and then wait for item to be delivered.

But then, what if she refuses the package? Or accepts it but then damages the item on purpose?

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

@duart-it2015 wrote:

I am shipping from Europe to the USA, does this intercept function work?

I don't think so... but maybe a USA resident can confirm. I live in Canada and haven't used the intercept so I tend to forget that it's there.

The times people have wanted refunds after I shipped were for very small dollar value which wouldn't be worth the money to intercept.

C.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@duart-it2015 wrote:

But then, what if she refuses the package? Or accepts it but then damages the item on purpose?

One thing at a time.  If she refuses the package, it will come back to you, and you still do not refund until you receive the item back.  I had a package bounce back to me from Europe and I was able to track its progress back to me.

Don't worry about any receipt and damage - don't borrow trouble - it hasn't happened yet and the chances of it happening are actually low.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

@duart-it2015 wrote:

If she refuses the package it should be returned to you.

If she damages it on purpose come back here for help and someone who knows more about this than me will be able to assist you. I sell coins and tokens, so damaging on purpose isn't something that has ever happened to me before.

C.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

PS: You can check package intercept at your local country (Portugal) post office if you want to explore that route.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

How did you ship?  If you shipped through your regular mail service, check with them to see if they have an 'intercept and return' function.  If they don't, then check with USPS - since they will be handling it on this end - and see what they offer.  If you used a specific carrier like UPS, DHL  or FedEx, check with them.

Otherwise, just hang in there and :

"....I can't refund you on this, I already shipped it. If you want a refund you're going to have to return the item and I will refund you in full."

This is perfect. Say nothing other than this. ^^^ Cease communication until tracking shows item is delivered.

You're not required to refund until you get the item back."

Hold on to this thought.......

If she damages the doll in returning it, that is something to handle when it happens - after you get it back.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Ok everyone, so now she messaged me back and says she does want the doll and that she thought I was someone else who she bought a game from...

I don't get it, I think she must be tricking me somehow. Still not confident on this sale, smells bad from the beginning.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

@duart-it2015 wrote:

Ok everyone, so now she messaged me back and says she does want the doll and that she thought I was someone else who she bought a game from...

I don't get it, I think she must be tricking me somehow. Still not confident on this sale, smells bad from the beginning.

Don't think about it... it's a waste of time.

If you are buying (or selling) lots of items, it's easy to get things mixed up. My partner bought 40 items in the past two weeks and I'm sure he won't be able to figure out what came from where without a bit of research.

C.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

There could be any number of reasons for her latest message.  Maybe she did make a mistake about which seller.  Maybe she knows about the forums and has seen the thread and knows that you are getting information.  Maybe she can't  afford to try to get another return through ebay.  Maybe .... .

Until something happens, there isn't really too much you can do - though I would still look into the possibility of an intercept and return.  Identify possible problems, but don't dwell on them.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 15 of 26
latest reply