cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer put the wrong address, “Item returned to sender”

One of my buyers put the wrong address which resulted in the USPS tracking showing up as “No such number” after a delivery attempt and “Item returned to sender” and now the buyer opened a “Item not received” case. What should I do? refund the buyer or wait until eBay steps in?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What should I do?

@anthony-003 

At this point, reply to the case and include the tracking number.  While it is the buyer's responsibility to provide the correct shipping address, be advised that a couple of weeks ago eBay was supplying sellers with the incorrect shipping addresses for their buyers as well. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It won’t let me put the same tracking number. It’s greyed out.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Item has been returned first before doing anything of course.

What was stated on the package when it was returned?

There is always a message on a returned package or an envelope.

Ask buyer's address in an email...if it doesn't match in  eBay as same address...I would refund and cancel sale for an incorrect address. I would reship it if address does not match in eBay or the payment in the email in inbox.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Did the buyer file a INR (item not received)?

What does the tracking say? Why was it returned?

If you sent it to the address on the ebay label and it was the buyers fault it was returned,

once you have he item safe and sound in your possession, you may to one of the following...

#1) Give the buyer a full refund including shipping. You will be out what you in shipping.

#2) Give the buyer a refund less what you paid in shipping.

#3) Keep the money and the item. You are not required to refund or resend the item to the buyer because it was the buyers fault.

Most sellers will do #2

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 5
latest reply