cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer needs contact information

Buyer in Australia needs my address and phone number to fill out custom forms to get item. I started to type it and then realized it could get me a warning. Isn't there a way the buyer can get my contact information without me sending it? I know it is simpler to just type it in, but that is a no go. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

No, they don't - not as a general rule.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Since when does he need to fill out forms for your item? I send to Australia fairly regularly and have never had that question come to me before. My return address and phone are printed on the Customs label on the package; the buyer doesn't need to know that in advance before the package arrives.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Despite questioning the buyer's request, they are able to pull your contact information.  If you pull theirs, they should get a reply showing yours also.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/contact-member.html#requesting

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

What @a_c_green said, the information is already there.  I would not supply any more information that is already there.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

This is a **bleep** request.

The buyer doesn't fill out customs forms. The seller does that.

The buyer will see your name and address on that form. No one needs your phone number.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

But the buyer is not in possession of the item, customs has it. It is being held up at customs and the tracking shows that.  This is what he wrote to me:

"Can I please ask for your address and phone number as I need to complete the import declaration form for customs and it requires the seller details." 

I am guessing the buyer may not know the other ways to get the information from eBay as many others have pointed above. I have shipped to Australia many times without having this request made, however this is an expensive and large item. I don't know if it was targeted by customs for special attention. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I Googled it and the form in question that he has to fill out ( import declaration form) indeed requires the information he requested. Never heard of it before today. 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Forms/Documents/B374.pdf

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

If he paid through PayPal you have his email address.  Send the info directly through email, not eBay messaging.

edit to add:  If I remember correctly the prohibition on giving out contact info is before purchase - if someone has actually bought something then you can send contact info.  But seeing how heavy-handed eBay enforcement is on this subject it still may be best to avoid trying to send phone number or address through eBay messaging.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

He doesn't need it - From the instructions on the form ...

SENDER / SUPPLIER DETAILS
You must tell us the name and address of the person or company who sent the parcel/s to you. If you purchased goods from an internet auction site and you do not know the seller’s address mark the address field with the seller information
– for example – ‘Ebay Seller US’ or ‘Ebay Seller Japan’ –do not leave this section blank

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

"Despite questioning the buyer's request, they are able to pull your contact information.  If you pull theirs, they should get a reply showing yours also."

Contact information does not include a street address.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply