cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late delivery

I just had some "late delivery" added to my Sellers reporet and wonder why? When I review the sales and where the packages are going, one package was delivered was delivered in 6 days after a distance of over 1325 miles and the other package was delivered in 5 days after a distance of over 965 miles. Both packages were standard shipping. What is the problem as there was NO buyer complaint?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Late delivery

I have been getting late delivery dings also. I have 1 day handling and all pkgs were scanned within the 1 day time frame. I never opted into the guaranteed delivery, so the delivery time should not be an issue.

Am getting ready to call CS to see if I can get this removed.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Late delivery

I have that problem too - calling "customer service" gets you NO WHERE!!  I was told by "English is my 3rd language" person - "can't fix - you always ship late"!!  They need to fix their system !

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Late delivery

2 here in the past few days. There are many complaints on the boards here so it seems there is something going on over the past week or so. Mine also were shipped within 1 day and scanned and left my hometown, all in less than 24 hours (business days M-F) The last one was bought on Sat. and shipped Monday. I had 3 day handling, I had scans, everything to support my shipping on time....still got the late shipping dings because the didn't get to their place in ebays time frame. It seems they both got hung up, 1 was 500 miles away and stalled, then moved. The other was 1000 miles away at buyers hometown and stalled. All were still delivered in 5 days so within a 3 day and 1 day handling time and a weekend besides....something at ebay is very BROKEN right now.

Bottom line I did my part to get item out in the mail and scanned on time....so why ebay are they late because of the postal system????? This is my fault???????

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Late delivery

This is just eBay's continual practice of dinging the seller on anything and everything they can while letting the buyers get away with scams and fraud.  Keeping yo worried about negative feedback and late delivery dings is a distraction that keeps you scurrying to do whatever eBay wants.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Late delivery

Just add this to your things to do - you have to call Customer Service and appeal the late delivery defects.  I had such defects that were on transactions where the item was purchased  on Saturday or Sunday, and was shipped on Monday (I offer 1 day handling).  The items were received "late" by the buyer, even though they did not report it being late.  Of course, I have control over the speed at which my package arrives to them??  Customer Service suggested that I watch my seller dashboard on a continued basis so that I can call and appeal WHEN this happens in the future.  Truly makes sense??!!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Late delivery

Oh boy. ebay is back at this again? Promising a delivery date from which they have no control then blaming the seller when said date is not met. Does that cover it.

Good thing this company doesn't own a baseball team. If the game was rained out,  they'd fire the players.

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 7 of 7
latest reply