cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer left feedback based on whether or not he liked the movie

I have sold books, cd's, dvd's, etc. for many years on eBay.    I just had something happen that has never happened to me before.  The buyer left a big long negative feedback because he hated the tv series.  I checked his feedback that he leaves and he routinely leaves bad/neutral feedback for media items that he buys and doesn't like the content.  No reference to seller performance at all.  I requested that feedback be revised but not sure if it will work.  After 22 years of selling I received my first negative feedback about 8 months ago....it was really my fault because I lost an item.  Now I get another one for something totally not my fault.

Has anyone else had any luck with getting an unfair feedback revised?  eBay is really hard on sellers these days and stuff like this makes it worse.

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@cindyjnc  You don't have to go to Facebook.  You should not have wasted one of your Revision Requests on him.  Reporting the buyer is good, but won't get your FB removed.  Here's all you need to do, go here:  

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp

follow the prompts, explain that they reviewed the movie & not the tx & I'll bet it's gone within an hour.  Every one I've submitted here has been removed & very quickly.  There is time limit (90 days I think), so don't wait too long.  They don't get back to you, but check your account & if it's a valid removal reason, which I think yours is, you'll just see it gone. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

View Best Answer in original post

Message 18 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

If there is any fairness, at all, from eBay, that feedback should be removed.  Good Luck

Message 2 of 70
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you haven't already be sure to block that person

TV and Movie ratings should be left on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, not eBay.

You seem like a really good seller so keep up the good work and don't lose hope!

Message 3 of 70
latest reply

@cindyjnc wrote: ...  I requested that feedback be revised but not sure if it will work. ...Has anyone else had any luck with getting an unfair feedback revised?  eBay is really hard on sellers these days and stuff like this makes it worse.

That's a violation of eBay policy. Did you ask the buyer to revise it, or did you ask eBay to remove it?

Message 4 of 70
latest reply

@cindyjnc 

I just read the FB.  Totally inappropriate.  If this person doesn't reply to your request to revise the comment, you need to reach out on social media via FB:

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

These are credible US cs agents that actually work for Ebay and are more likely help you with your issue. Many positive outcomes posted here in their ability to be helpful.

Sorry for your situation.  Hope things work out in your favor. 

Message 5 of 70
latest reply

Yes it happened to me recently my only neg ever.   I used the "report a buyer" and thou it seems to have taken an exceptional long time they did remove the negative.    Yours however, is pretty funny!!  I'm sure they will remove.

Message 6 of 70
latest reply

I'm curious if this is the type of feedback they provide other sellers?

Message 7 of 70
latest reply

You should be able to get it removed.  But, really, it does you no harm.  Anyone who sees it will shake his head over that feedback and will also note that you replied to it in a calm, professional way.

And, yes, I once had a negative for a book I sold to someone who did not think it was well-written.  Some people...   🙄

-

Message 8 of 70
latest reply

You have yourself a real nutcase here. I hope ebay removes it

Message 9 of 70
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

But, really, it does you no harm. 

-

Yes and no.

Negatives usually invite other negatives.

Message 10 of 70
latest reply

You sold to a Gene Siskel wannabe. Who would have thought to prepare for that? 🤣

If there is an eBay god, I hope that feedback is struck dead. Your response is fabulous. Reach out to eBay through facebook.

Message 11 of 70
latest reply

Thank you everyone.  I had not thought of contacting eBay social media.  I did block this person from bidding on my items again.

Message 12 of 70
latest reply

@monster-deals wrote:

@maxine*j wrote:

But, really, it does you no harm. 

-

Yes and no.

Negatives usually invite other negatives.

Really?  I mean, that has never been my experience.  Why would that be, do you think?

-

-

Message 13 of 70
latest reply

@luxgoods 

And they did admit to Zinfendel being an influence to their comment.  lol. 

Message 14 of 70
latest reply

@cindyjnc .....I almost feel as if I could go through MY feedback and give you their name...LOL

Message 15 of 70
latest reply