cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer is trying to scam me by demanding money back for item sold

I have no idea how to proceed with this since I live in sweden and ebay can't call me. The buyer claimed he didn't receive his item has got his money back on paypal just as easily... LIKE WHAT THE **bleep**? Why isn't there an easy way to solve this or contact for help when it was just so easy for him to demand money back?

I sold 50m Oldschoool Runescape gold and LUCKILY captured screenshots on every action during the trade. What do I do now?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I can't fully grasp your issue.  Is the buyer saying he did not receive the item?

I don't understand your remark about he got his money back on Paypal.

If there was no tracking proving that he DID receive the item, then you will be refunding.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

I don't know what ebay rules are for things like this....from what I understand after reading the OP's listing, he sells "gold" he collected in a game. The buyer and seller "meet up" in the game and he hands over the gold to his buyer. I would highly doubt ebay would cover this type of transaction?

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

@reidase   First, don't you mean 50 mil instead of 50m?  Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that an electronic trade and NOT a physical item that you ship?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Im afraid you have been scammed by a con artist who knows the rules and how to work them. Ebay hasnt supported ingame digi trades in well over a decade. No protection at all without delivery confirmation via tracking number.
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Yes this is an "electronic trade" occuring in a game. I knew people on ebay scams alot so I captured pictures. Now I am to solve a twist on paypal as they removed the money from my account. I mean I will not give up on this case as it's alot of money and I do have eidence. Problem is I really don't know where to submit all info.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Yes this is an "electronic trade" occuring in a game. I knew people on ebay scams alot so I captured pictures. Now I am to solve a twist on paypal as they removed the money from my account. I mean I will not give up on this case as it's alot of money and I do have eidence. Problem is I really don't know where to submit all info.
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

We traded ingame I captured pictures during the trade because I knew people scam on ebay. Now he demands money back on paypal and they removed money from my account...
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

If you are selling with digital delivery, then there isn't anything you can do since there isn't proof of delivery by tracking. (that's ebay rules)

I learned something today, that there is a market for pretend play gold?

I recently purchased about $1000 in real gold coins, that's real gold.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Since you don't ship anything and don't have tracking that shows the item has been delivered, if buyer files an INR, they will get their money back.

Screenshots won't help any.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Ok but do you think If i keep sending email to paypal regarding this issue and being persistant will help? I am now having -30usd on my account and they want me to fill it. Like what the **bleep** is this, I am being fined for this as well?
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

This means you all can just go and buy some gold as currency and sell it somewhere else as you will 100% guaranteed get your money back. Just go ahead people there is nothing paypal/ ebay can do about it. GO GO GO

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@reidase wrote:

The only evidence that will help beat an INR is tracking that shows the item being delivered.

Without tracking, you have noting to submit.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

I don't know. Is there somewhere on paypal that you can appeal? 

Persist without expectations.

This problem is inherent with digital delivery, and especially in the gaming communities. Pictures of anything are not accepted as evidence of anything on ebay. As another poster said, ebay doesn't support digital trades anyway so the risks are all yours.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

I am sorry guys but can someone involve a staff member of ebay to look into this. This is the only income that I have, I can't afford being scammed right now. If i had a job I wouldn't bother. I need someone from ebay to talk to

Message 15 of 21
latest reply