cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer gave wrong adress, return shipping fee

Buyer gave wrong adreess and the product shipped. The buyer was able to request the carrier (UPS - ground shipping) to hold the item and eventually it was returned to me as buyer couldn't pick it up. Buyer did this at my request since it seemed least cost way to intercept the package.  Even with a return fee I was unaware of, it still seems the lowest cost way to get the item returned.  If I made the return request, I would have been charged both intercept and transportation fees.

I refunded buyer except for initial shipping costs, but then got invoiced by carrier for that return fee about a week later.  I didn't expect that to happen, as phone rep omitted it when descirbing costs.

So I'm out return shipping fee.  Any valid ebay seller protection claim at this point, or did I forfeit it once I refunded buyer?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Buyer gave wrong adress, return shipping fee

Once the money is refunded it is hard to get anything back especially something that wasn't agreed to before hand. Chalk it up to experience,

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply