cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer files INR case, possible Fedex redirect. Have delivery & signature confirmation. Worry or no?

Item sold on 6/30/17.  Shipped Fedex to confirmed paypal address (Kyle, Tx) with full insurance and signature confirmation on 7/2/17.   On 7/13, buyer opens INR, says "Says it was delivered but it wasnt".  I check tracking, shows delivery on 7/7 to Buda, TX.  Buda??? Signed for by someone too.  I go back, double check all my shipping info, that I had it all correct, yes.  Then I decide to google the buyer's name.  Google tells me the buyer is the owner of a food truck in, where of all places?  Buda Tx.  The buyer is asian and the food truck sells Thai food.  So to put all the pieces together, it appears a Fedex redirect was made by the buyer, shipped to their business, and signed for.   I shipped it to the paypal address and have a signature confirmation of delivery.  Do I need to be worried about anything?  

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Buyer files INR case, possible Fedex redirect. Have delivery & signature confirmation. Worry or no?

@emerald40 wrote:

@pikabo-icu wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

Since starting on ebay everything I have ever sent went Fed Ex.  And I never had a problem.  In fact I was impressed with their service.  But this change greatly concerns me considering I sell expensive diamond jewelry.

I never liked UPS after they threw a package in my back yard well knowing my two german shepards were back there.   The package was completely destroyed by the time I got home in the afternoon.

If a buyer only offers it, no matter how much I want the item, I pass on it.

I guess I will now switch everything over to USPS.

That sucks Em..

As I posted, I'm not sure what the internals are- perhaps one of us needs to call and ask them about this very thing..

I'll ask my son but he's a carrier so may not be that versed on this policy.. 

And just an FYI they do CHARGE for the service.. **Giant EYE-ROLL**  That almighty dollar... 

Charge who?  The purchaser for a service they do not want.

Can you opt out of it?

They charge the receiver making the request. You have to "JOIN" the delivery manager so I suppose have a FEDex account. I do so I'm not sure you can do it without that-

That you would need to check when you buy the shipping I think... 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 31 of 52
latest reply

Buyers can redirect USPS and UPS as well.

From my USPS dashboard, under delivery preferences (there is a fee, no idea what it is)  prdfaq-f2.usps.com/

2216eba39677ccdebff43e6ff12caa6c

UPS My Choice  https://wwwapps.ups.com/mcdp?loc=en_US

cb0a979d0b82b0b207d62462a58585a2

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 32 of 52
latest reply

Ok...

So is it possible doing this, on whatever shipping site, will create an internal record that WE the shipper can gain a copy of or access to? So that if a situation arises we can have this as proof for eBay that it was redirected at the receivers request?

Sheesh what a mess..

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 33 of 52
latest reply

If a buyer can redirect an item to a different address, then that makes tracking useless.

So does that mean as far as ebay is concerned a seller would lose if a buyer files item not received.

This needs to be brought up at the Wednesday talk.

Message 34 of 52
latest reply

Ebay...who knows? I would imagine it would require a call to CS to point out in tracking that the package was redirected, assuming that tracking would show the redirection.

Paypal, the seller loses any seller protection when a package is redirected.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 35 of 52
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

I know Paypal will not cover redirected packages for INR. Ebay...who knows? I would imagine it would require a call to CS to point out in tracking that the package was redirected, assuming that tracking would show the redirection.

I do not have much faith in ebay CS.

When I send out a piece of jewelery worth thousands of dollars, and I send it with tracking and signature confirmation, I want to know that it will be delivered to one place, and one place only and that is the address I designate it to go to.

Message 36 of 52
latest reply

Ebay...who knows? I would imagine it would require a call to CS to point out in tracking that the package was redirected, assuming that tracking would show the redirection.

Ran out of time

https://www.paypal.com/il/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_IL#9

d420c4311e78ce3885041144aeb0f250

Message 37 of 52
latest reply

Does ebay have the same requirement that if a buyer redirects it, he loses his buyer protection?

Message 38 of 52
latest reply

Ran out of time

OMG!!!!!

This is a GIGANTIC SNAFU.

~Pika~

Message 39 of 52
latest reply

Redirections can also be done by the buyer on myusps but only after a delivery attempt has been made. That must be the point at ownersip passes from seller to buyer. 

I believe the shipper can prohibit redirection with UPS and FedEx...anyone know for sure?

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 40 of 52
latest reply

@pikabo-icu wrote:

Ran out of time

OMG!!!!!

This is a GIGANTIC SNAFU.

AFAIK it's been this way for some time now.

@*eponymous* wrote:

Redirections can also be done by the buyer on myusps but only after a delivery attempt has been made. That must be the point at ownersip passes from seller to buyer. 

I believe the shipper can prohibit redirection with UPS and FedEx...anyone know for sure?

No idea. I don't use either enough to know.

Message 41 of 52
latest reply

exactly. buyers with a fed ex account DO have an option of changing the delivery address. but there is a record of it if that happens, they do track it.

Message 42 of 52
latest reply

what does that mean, not covered if it's redirected- by whom? the seller or the buyer? at any rate, it would show a trail of where it went and WHO redirected it. If the buyer did and it's provable, well. That should count. Paypal just dropping the ball? i would want them to clarify .

Message 43 of 52
latest reply

not covered if it's redirected- by whom? the seller or the buyer? at any rate, it would show a trail of where it went and WHO redirected it. If the buyer did and it's provable, well. That should count. Paypal just dropping the ball? i would want them to clarify .

I think there's a bit of hysteria expressed in this (now aging) thread.

For one, OPs story did not involve redirection.  It involved FedEx misdelivery, which was subsequently fixed.

After that, yes, there is a link on the FedEx web site which allows premium users to redirect a package.  What is not there is a promise that all packages are re-directable, particularly against the wishes of a paying shipper.

Lastly, if this was a real scam, redirecting your FedEx package and claiming INR, we'd have heard it by now.  That link has been on the FedEx page for a couple of years now that I know of, and may have been there well before I first saw it.

Message 44 of 52
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@luvmy280z wrote:

that's what I thought too.  I called Fedex when I received notice of the INR and inquired about it be redirected.  I explained I am the shipper and asked if someone had it redirected.  Their response "I can't give you that information because you can't prove you are who you say you are?"  My response, "well buddy, get your supervisor because I'm having someone trying to pull $750 out of my family's pocket.  I am the shipper and it did not go where I shipped it." He then tells me someone will get back to me within 24 hours.  Has that happened? no.   My thing is, it is so freakin obvious what the buyer is doing.  It goes to Buda, you are asian, you own a Thai food truck in Buda, the person on the signature confirmation has an asian name.  But you never got it, come on!

If it were me, and since $750 is involved, I would be at my local Fed Ex tomorrow morning with my ID in hand to prove who I was and demand to know how this buyer was able to get this item redirected.

Someone at Fed Ex either screwed up or there was possible collusion between the driver and Mr. Thai Food truck.  

Your local Fedex can't do anything to help.  They have nothing to do with anything but sorting and delivering to their service area. 

Fedex 800 number can't help because you are not the owner of the account that pays them for the shipping.  They can't won't tell you anything.  They are not responsible for this.

Ebay is the only one that can talk to FedEx about it and Ebay is the only one that can get the package re-routed.  Ebay is the culpri.  I can see them telling the buyer when he calls them "OK" we'll call FedEx and have them change the delivery address for you.

Message 45 of 52
latest reply