cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer extreme demands for SNAD

I accidentally sent a buyer the wrong shirt and filed a SNAD, which is fine. I accepted them and the buyer generated the postage. But now the buyer is very upset. They are complaining that they have to spend gas money to go to the PO, pay for the parking meter, and buy a poly bag to ship the shirt in. And they are saying they don't have time to wait at home for the mail carrier to pick up the package. They are saying they have to do all the work and I'm not doing anything. They demand that I mail them a poly envelope and pay them for the gas money and parking meter.

How would you respond?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Buyer extreme demands for SNAD

wrote:

I'd be hecken annoyed. We all know what annoyed buyers do on Ebay.

Sellers should fix the problem in the least annoying way for the buyer. That's what SELLERS with morals do.

I generally agree, however whether that includes "gifting" the incorrect item is up to the individual seller. My choice (if I was going to be an honest person) was to return the lego set to the store or ship it back. Either involved some level of inconvenience for me . The other option was to keep our mouths shut and sell it here for a $200 profit (not my MO). The point is, when you order online, things can and do happen that require effort on the part of the buyer. The op's buyer is doing a lot of whining IMO over a simple thing and likely in hopes of a freebie. 

Message 31 of 31
latest reply