cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer emails after 10 day auction

Here is what he emails : "Extremely sorry will have to cancel no funds due to sickness and unemployment so sorry " This after 253.00 auction.He has no feedback. I lost it and emailed back " You didn't know you were sick and unemployed when you bid?There will be no cancellation until at least 4 days have past so you get the unpaid item strike and I get some of my fees back ".

Usually I am polite but this is getting tiresome. Returns of items the buyer said it was damaged.Got it back and no damage.This buyer returned 2 items this way.Many more.Another 2 buyers emailed requesting refunds and I already refunded them a long time ago.

Guess I'm a little burned out.Takes so much time to handle and research these.I am a one person business.Thanks for listening. CAZ

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

@caz-10 wrote:

I lost it and emailed back "You didn't know you were sick and unemployed when you bid?"

LOL... 😀

Okay, you probably shouldn't have said that (especially considering your 5-digit feedback), but yeah, I can see where you're coming from there... Let it go, though; you're going to get those every now and then. Cancel due to Buyer Requested and weld him into your Blocked Bidder List.

Message 2 of 57
latest reply

It was the timing.As soon as the auction was over he emailed.He could have just cancelled his bids during the auction.

Message 3 of 57
latest reply

@caz-10 

Really feel for you.  The Buyer bid quite a few times to knock your other guy out and his 30 day bid history shows 

Total bids:
Items bid on:

I would probably be livid also.  Something smells rotten in Denmark....

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 57
latest reply

@caz-10 wrote:

It was the timing.As soon as the auction was over he emailed.He could have just cancelled his bids during the auction.

So I see; he bid eight days before the auction ended.

I would try a Second Chance Offer to the second-place guy. It's only three bucks less, and you're not out any money if he doesn't go for it.

Message 5 of 57
latest reply

Thanks to all.I'm in the giant Marsh Mellow  post now and am feeling a little better! Hungary but better.

Message 6 of 57
latest reply

Well,when I turned on the computer I had another one! Buyer paid and wants me to cancel it.I emailed him back that he would have to cancel it from his end and if he didn't know how he should call Ebay. Just having a little fun! I canceled it after a while.Blocked him of course.

Don't know where they are coming from.Getting used to it.The next one I'm not going to answer for a day or two.

Things have certainly changed in selling on line.  CAZ

Message 7 of 57
latest reply

Dang!  Hate to hear that you had another one!

Glad you found Mr Lincoln's fun thread (we don't get to have very many off-topic, so it has been really fun!)

Glad you found the boards as well.  Join in.....some really nice people who post here!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 8 of 57
latest reply

Admire your moxie - chill in the marshmallow thread, it is a lot of fun isn't it.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 9 of 57
latest reply

I hear ya man. This is why I am looking toward buy it now  as auction are just  hassle. Also ebay has removed the strike system for non paying buyers so now the buyers are even more confident than ever. 

Cancel the order and block that buyer so they can no longer bid on your item again. 

Message 10 of 57
latest reply

They still get a strike when you cancel an unpaid item after 4 days.You just don't have to open an unpaid item any more .CAZ

Message 11 of 57
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

Dang!  Hate to hear that you had another one!

Glad you found Mr Lincoln's fun thread (we don't get to have very many off-topic, so it has been really fun!)

Glad you found the boards as well.  Join in.....some really nice people who post here!

Yeah but not that @katzrul15 lady.. she's a meanie.aaa wink & grin.gif

I'm only joking.. Katz is a super nice & helpful person.. 

Yeah hang out with us OP.. We can't stop the crawfishing buyers but we can help you laugh it off.. 

Two dancing.. boy girl.gif

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 12 of 57
latest reply

Why am I the only who thinks the buyer may have gotten fired on day 10 of the auction and taken sick because of it.

The wife says I have a wild imagination...

Message 13 of 57
latest reply

As with most things in this world, it's who you know, it's what you know. its been like that from day one.

Message 14 of 57
latest reply

Thank you for taking time and explaining this to us. We appreciate that.

Message 15 of 57
latest reply