cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer didn't receive item, said it went to different address.

Good evening everyone, I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this. I had a buyer send a best offer and I accepted. I shipped it out the next morning with usps through ebay and it said it was delivered a few days ago. I got a message from ebay today for an item not delivered. Her message says that "her paypal was charged after her offer was sent and it was shipped to an old address, not the primary one she has checked. I have no idea how that happened?"

I responded by providing the tracking number already on file with ebay. but would there have been multiple shipping options for me to pick to ship to her? I have not had anything like this happen and was wondering if I missed something during shipping and should pay more attention in the future. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Buyer submitted a pre-authorized offer. Prior to submitting the offer, she needed to select the Ship To address and method of payment, and click a button saying agreeing that her payment method will be charged if the seller accepts the offer.

This is the window she saw when she went to submit her offer:

Offers 101.png

Basically, she had the ability to set up all the shipping and payment info prior to purchase, and she screwed up. You are not at fault, she is.

You did your job and shipped to the address SHE provided, she didn't realize (or read) what she agreed to and set up.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Buyer submitted a pre-authorized offer. Prior to submitting the offer, she needed to select the Ship To address and method of payment, and click a button saying agreeing that her payment method will be charged if the seller accepts the offer.

This is the window she saw when she went to submit her offer:

Offers 101.png

Basically, she had the ability to set up all the shipping and payment info prior to purchase, and she screwed up. You are not at fault, she is.

You did your job and shipped to the address SHE provided, she didn't realize (or read) what she agreed to and set up.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Just in case it wasn't obvious .....

Offers 102.png

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

thank you so much for your replies! both were extremely helpful. I had a feeling that is was something like that, but when I read her message again, it just made me worry that maybe I had selected something wrong and just wanted to be more careful in the future if that was possible that it was my mistake. thank you again so much! 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply