cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer demanding faster processing time?

On Monday, I sold an item and the buyer paid very quickly. After receiving payment, I get this message:

"Please ship this out tomorrow w/ tracking, and do not include the receipt with the package. Thanks a lot."

I only offer 3 day processing time because this is just a way for me to make a bit of extra money for school aside from my other job. I tell the buyer as much:

"I will not include the packing slip as requested, however, I do not guarantee one day handling time. All orders will be processed within 3 business days as stated in the product description."

I don't hear anything back from him at first, then today I get this message:

"What is my tracking number? If you were not able to ship today, please at least buy shipping online and send me the tracking number today, and then drop the package off tomorrow. Thanks a lot."

Any of you buying shipping labels through eBay know you have 24 hours to print off the label after purchasing or you have to void it, wait up to 3 weeks for a refund which could potentially be denied, then buy another one. I don't own a printer and am not able to visit the print shop every single day so I wait until I am already in town with items that need to be shipped out all boxed up and ready to go before I purchase shipping labels and then send them out the same day. Keep in mind that this was purchased on Monday and eBay states that the item needs to be shipped by Thursday. Though the buyer didn't respond to my last message, I just sent them another trying to explain the situation: 

"As I stated previously, I do not guarantee one-day or two-day handling time. The handling and processing time is within three business days as stated on the item's listing when it was purchased. I don't buy the shipping label immediately because it must be printed then within 24 hours of the purchase or it will have to be voided and printed off again. My shipping labels are printed off at a print shop so I purchase the shipping labels immediately before shipment."

Since they didn't respond to my last message I have no idea if they are even checking for correspondence from me. I will not be able to visit the print shop and ship the item until Thursday, which is again the guaranteed sent by date from eBay based on the handling time I promised when the item was sold. I am concerned though since I am not a large seller and have very little feedback that if this person decides to leave negative feedback that I will find it very difficult to sell anything else. Is there anything I can do in that situation? Like I said they don't seem to be answering me, I don't even know if they're reading my responses

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Buyer demanding faster processing time?

And yet, I do. It is definitely a personal preference. Dosn't mean either way is right or wrong. 

Message 46 of 51
latest reply

Just remember, ebay will remove unwarranted feedback and don't erase your messages.

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

That's mostly what I was worried about, I know eBay has a tendency to really side with buyers in most cases but it is nice to know that if something like this happens in the future and does result in negative feedback even if the item is processed and shipped within the designated time that I have the ability to dispute it

Message 48 of 51
latest reply

I came on to get advice about a similar situation. I sold and item. In my listing, I thought it posted a "3 day handling timeframe".

The buyer immediately contacts me telling me she wants to cancel unless it was shipped out right away, to arrive by her preferred date. I answered and shipped right away, by priority mail. Her arrival date was 5 days before her requested date. It also cost me more money that I had anticipated. Her attitude was terrible. I personally think that she saw the item at a cheaper price and thought she could just cancel, get her money back and buy the cheaper item. She received her item yesterday. Of course she hasn't left feedback and I haven't left her any. I really want to blast her but she has 30 days to return the item or leave me negative feedback. What do you think I should do? She really put me through an inconvenient situation.

Message 49 of 51
latest reply

The OP said they do not have a printer so It may not have been possible to print label as soon as the buyer paid. I do not have a printer either. I ship monday thru friday by 12 noon eastern time. Most items have one business day handling time and others 2 days. I don't ship on weekends since the post office by me is only open until 12 noon on saturday and I can't make it there before that time on weekend and sundays closed. I always, never fails, someone will buy something saturday after 3 pm or later or on a sunday and then message me sunday saying " tracking number please"... like really? Its sunday the post office not open. I don't have a printer either. I just go to post office and pay them and get tracking number on receipt, the old fashion way.
Message 50 of 51
latest reply

Not sure if this has been mentioned but they are probaly using you as a drop shipper that's my experience when they request no paper work in the parcel.

if it were me i would have just wrote them back that shipping is on 'x' day and if that doesn't work for you- you may request a cancelation, best wishes, etc.

Message 51 of 51
latest reply