cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer chose local pickup but won't respond

I sold an item ($199) on August 22 to a buyer who chose local pickup. He paid immedietely. I contacted him thru ebay same day to arrange pickup, but he never responded. I have messaged him every day since, but never receive a reply. I already have his payment in my bank but no way to get the item to him. Has anyone come across a situation like this? I'm not sure what else I can do or should do. Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

go to your 'my ebay' 

go to 'sold' items' (may take you to 'SELLER HUB'- then click 'orders waiting to ship'

You will see the order

there is a 12 digit 'blue underlined' number- click that

It will give you customer name, address and phone.

You will be able to tell by the address if the customer lives near enough to pick up.

In the future, all listings (for you) should just have a 'shipped price' and do away with 'local pickup'. That is usually reserved for large items that cannot easily be shipped. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Did you try contacting him via telephone?  There is a way to make contact.  The buyer will also get the phone #.  Try calling him.  If they don't pick up or it's an invalid number.  Then  I would have to return the money . I don't know if you can cancel with  problem with buyer's address.    Give them another 24 hours and then return .

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

How would I get his ph. no.?  I don't see any option for that?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@clutchc wrote:

How would I get his ph. no.?  I don't see any option for that?

On your Sold items page, the Actions column will have a little pulldown menu in the row next to your Sold item. Click on the Down Arrow icon and the pulldown menu will appear. Scroll down to near the bottom, and look for View Order Details (not to be confused with View Payment Details, which is higher up in that little menu).

Click on the View Order Details link, and look for the Purchase Details section at lower left of the page that appears. Click on the See Buyer Info link, and your buyer's phone number and encrypted email address will be shown.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Hi, this is just a guess on my part, but it could be the buyer selected local pickup because it says “free shipping” on the shipping choices. I would bet he didn't realize he is supposed to pick up the item. He may expect it to be shipped. He may not be on eBay regularly and therefore has not seen your messages. I would try calling or sending him an email, if the contact info is available. Chances are, when the item doesn’t arrive, he will be in touch.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Someone else can tell you how long you can wait to refund a buyer (60 days?) , but I would do nothing more than you have already done until that point in time.  At that point I would treat it like an undeliverable item and refund less your expenses plus a small penalty for for not having been able to relist the item during that time period.

By the way, I too was a big Clutch fan.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Thanks, but your link is broke.  It takes me to the ebay home page.  But I looked on the similar "sold" page on my active items page and don't see that option anywhere.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez* wrote:

The buyer will also get the phone #.  

Buyers no longer get the seller's phone number

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

What "fashunu4" said. Maybe you can goggle them and find a contact method.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

go to your 'my ebay' 

go to 'sold' items' (may take you to 'SELLER HUB'- then click 'orders waiting to ship'

You will see the order

there is a 12 digit 'blue underlined' number- click that

It will give you customer name, address and phone.

You will be able to tell by the address if the customer lives near enough to pick up.

In the future, all listings (for you) should just have a 'shipped price' and do away with 'local pickup'. That is usually reserved for large items that cannot easily be shipped. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Is this a new buyer by any chance? Maybe he does not realize he chose local pickup, since shipping was also offered.

Personally, I'd give it a few more days, perhaps attempt contact again.  No result? Refund, using "problem with buyer's address" as your reason.  

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Thanks.  Although it's a little disconcerting now knowing that anyone I've bought from get access to my home address and phone number.  But thanks for that insight.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Yes, that was my thinking as well.  Misunderstood or somehow clicked on the wrong option.  Thanks to stainlessenginecovers post, I now discover the buyer is in Anchorage, AK.  Your last suggestion is the way I'll have to go, I guess.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@clutchc wrote:

Thanks, but your link is broke.  It takes me to the ebay home page.

Sorry, I thought you were using Seller Hub, which is where that link would have taken you. The buyer's contact info is made available as part of the Shipping record (which I think can be accessed in various ways). The buyer's encrypted email address is available for two weeks following the sale; the buyer's phone number remains available for as long as the Sold record itself can be viewed.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@clutchc wrote:

Thanks.  Although it's a little disconcerting now knowing that anyone I've bought from get access to my home address and phone number.  But thanks for that insight.

@clutchc 

It really shouldn't be because if you purchase things from here, CL, FBMP, AZ etc. they ALL have your name and address (unless local pickup) when you buy something; that is how they ship it (unless you use a PO Box, which then limits who you can buy from as many use a carrier that will not ship to a PO Box). The phone number is easy (google) as well as rather important in case the seller can't get a hold of you via messages (I've called many a customers because they don't 'see' or 'respond' to messages that, without an answer, stops the purchase in it's tracks). 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply