cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer, brand new account, wants me to ship to different address

I am pretty sure the answer is DON'T.  Besides refusing, what steps do I have to take to cancel the sale so I can relist the item?  What if the buyer leaves bad feedback because I would not complete the sale?   I assume ebay will remove it?

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Buyer, brand new account, wants me to ship to different address

@ittybitnot wrote:

Also eBay has told us as long as the info is in the eBay message system about shipping to an alternative address sellers would be covered.

Unfortunately, "ebay" neglected to mention that shipping to an address different than what is provided in PayPal is NOT elegible for any protection from the PayPal INR.  eBay staff only can address this issue from an "ebay" standpoint, and omit the pertinent details regarding a subsequent PayPal claim for the same item.  The seller will be thrown under the bus should a PayPal claim arise regardless of what is in eBay messages or what any eBay staff member says.  

As I said we get more than 50 of these kinds of requests a year, and I also mentioned I do not recall any issues.  eBay does not control any actions from paypal but they do share info when asked and needed as in the situation being discussed here.

I do understand many sellers operate under conspiracies versus actual experiences, I shared my experience as a long time internet sellers of multiply platforms and a thriving stand alone website since 2001.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 16 of 16
latest reply