cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer asking 'complete' on item, even though 'not complete' in the description

Hello:

The buyer asking  whether I still have  a stand of the airplane model.  He appears to me the airplane model is complete.  The airplane model is old and not complete,  then it was a big discount price I put on my auction.

My question is;

How to respond to the buyer's request,.... 'complete,'  even though I stated clearly the model is 'not complete?'

Thanks for your help in advance.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer asking 'complete' on item, even though 'not complete' in the description

Morning,

If the buyer opens a SNAD then you will have to pay for the return shipping.

If the buyer simply requests to return the item then they have to pay the return shipping if that is what you have chosen in your listing info.

As a heads up...more and more sales are being completed through mobile devices and the "Description" tab is easily missed or ignored.

Most experienced sellers here strongly suggest that if an item is especially not new and/or incomplete that you include this in the main Listing Title to help eliminate this kind of problem. This appears to give sellers more credibility when/if a case is ever opened due to the fact the buyer did not take the time to read the Description.

Sad you have to hold the hands of buyers so much these days but it is what it is if you want to sell here now.

Mr C

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Buyer asking 'complete' on item, even though 'not complete' in the description

You reply to the person that no you do not have the stand and it is not included. The listing is for the model only.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@avenue0939 Tell the buyer that as stated in the full item description, the stand is not included and it is an incomplete model.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@avenue0939 wrote:

Hello:

The buyer asking  whether I still have  a stand of the airplane model.  He appears to me the airplane model is complete.  The airplane model is old and not complete,  then it was a big discount price I put on my auction.

My question is;

How to respond to the buyer's request,.... 'complete,'  even though I stated clearly the model is 'not complete?'

Thanks for your help in advance.

Dear Buyer:

I can confirm, as per the listing, the model is not complete and the stand is not included.  This is reflected in the attractive, very low price.

Thank you for your interest.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Seller

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the quick response.
The buyer e-mailed me regarding a stand of airplane model is AFTER he received it yesterday. He appears to me not happy about 'not complete,' even though I believe that he read the description in which I stated clearly 'not complete.' How to respond to the buyer's question/request?
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

What my reply would be-

Dear buyer,

I'm sorry for any confusion, it can be easy to over look the item description, but as stated in the listing description the item is not compete - " copy/paste of description". The incomplete condition is a reflection of the low price price.
If you are unhappy with the item I am happy to accept a return.
Sorry for any inconvenience
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@avenue0939 wrote:
Thanks for the quick response.
The buyer e-mailed me regarding a stand of airplane model is AFTER he received it yesterday. He appears to me not happy about 'not complete,' even though I believe that he read the description in which I stated clearly 'not complete.' How to respond to the buyer's question/request?

@avenue0932

@nicgola-0

Nicgola-0 posted a great response.  Thanks, nicgola, you beat me!

I'm off to the slow typing corner now!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@avenue0939

Well if he files SNAD, there is a slight chance you could win, but I would not hold my breath.

You could send a message in ebay and cut and paste the discription.

What ever you do, tell ebay to do nothing with the case, if they step in it will be a loss for you.

( and a defect to boot )

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

@avenue0939

Well if he files SNAD, there is a slight chance you could win, but I would not hold my breath.

You could send a message in ebay and cut and paste the discription.

What ever you do, tell ebay to do nothing with the case, if they step in it will be a loss for you.

( and a defect to boot )

----------------------------------------------------------------

Who needs to pay for return shipping?  Buyer or me?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Morning,

If the buyer opens a SNAD then you will have to pay for the return shipping.

If the buyer simply requests to return the item then they have to pay the return shipping if that is what you have chosen in your listing info.

As a heads up...more and more sales are being completed through mobile devices and the "Description" tab is easily missed or ignored.

Most experienced sellers here strongly suggest that if an item is especially not new and/or incomplete that you include this in the main Listing Title to help eliminate this kind of problem. This appears to give sellers more credibility when/if a case is ever opened due to the fact the buyer did not take the time to read the Description.

Sad you have to hold the hands of buyers so much these days but it is what it is if you want to sell here now.

Mr C
Message 10 of 10
latest reply