cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Scam under the new Ebay program.

Buyer purchased product then requested a refund. Followed Ebay program to send refund. Buyer has not returned product.  So - Buyer now has ($99.00) refund plus a ($3.85) return lable  and the ($99.00) product. How is this equitable? How will Ebay Handle this? (This situation  never happened with PayPal.)

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Buyer Scam under the new Ebay program.

lol

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

I'm sorry but you didn't follow the procedures correctly for a return and now want to place the blame on other. None of this has anything to do with MP, and had you processed a refund via PP before receiving your item you would have had the same outcome. Misdirected anger solves nothing and leads to repeated same errors in the future. Best of luck to you....

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@gypsyal wrote:

Buyer purchased product then requested a refund. Followed Ebay program to send refund. Buyer has not returned product.  So - Buyer now has ($99.00) refund plus a ($3.85) return label  and the ($99.00) product. How is this equitable? How will Ebay Handle this?

Just to clarify: Is the money actually gone (back to the buyer), or is it on hold, pending the resolution of the refund request? If the buyer requests a refund, the amount of the payment may be held from your pending funds, but if your response to the request is that you want the item back first (and you provide a label for that), then the refund should not occur if the buyer fails to return the item before the deadline for doing so (and eBay monitors the tracking to see if that happens).

So what has been the order of events so far? Has the buyer definitely received a refund already?

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

The sad thing is everyone is some people  are giving the seller hard time about this..

Did the seller make a mistake? Yes, they should have waited until the item was returned BUT...

Scamming & savvy buyers target sellers, hoping they don't understand what to do.

Yes sellers should read the policy BUT many believe that they should refund right away-

They are trying to do the right thing..

It's the buyer, trying to get free stuff that is at fault- NOT the seller.

@gypsyal I'm sorry this happened and now you know and I'm sure you wont repeat this same mistake. Don't feel bad, it's happened to a LOT of honest & decent sellers. 

I know it hurts but it could have been much worse.. I've seen sellers lose out $500, $1000 and higher..

Sorry this happened..

I don't know if they can do anything to help but reach out to eBay Facebook for Business and send a message. Explain what happened and ask if they can hep you in any way. It can't hurt to ask.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness 

Good Luck to you. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 19 of 19
latest reply