cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Refund Agrees to Getting Sent a Replacement. How Do I Go About This Process?

A buyer who had bought something had claimed it's defective. After some messaging back and forth we have come to an agreement that I'll send him a new one. (As that is less a loss for me than having his bought item be returned with shipping costs an and all.) 

How do I start this process? In the refund request, we had already set it to partial refund. And it's still open to partial refund with no answer taken. How do I ensure in the refund dispute that we've agreed to replacement getting sent and it won't end up something like the buyer gets a free replacement while also taking the refund?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Buyer Refund Agrees to Getting Sent a Replacement. How Do I Go About This Process?

You create a second shipping label, upload it to the sale transaction under the seller sold & shipped screen & ship it if you agreed to that solution.

You then send a message to the buyer via ebay with the new tracking as well. That way it is on file with ebay & accessible to support.

The rest is a waiting game based upon behavior of the buyer.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

This is very messy and will probably backfire on you.  EBAY return system is automated and will not close until you give customer a refund. 

You should give customer "full refund" for defective item and then have customer re-purchase item that you plan on sending her.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply