cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Accusation

A buyer is claiming I shorted his order by 2 items.  I believe I sent all 11 pieces.  He previously asked me to combine several orders to save on shipping, which I did but he complained about the reduced amount.  I'm not sure what to do.  I am very careful with my items and believe he recieved all of his order.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Buyer Accusation

Do not issue a partial.

Tell him to return the entire order for a refund.

I bet he goes away.

When they start complaining for money back (shipping cost) right off the bat it never seems to stop.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

I would do that but he will return only 9 items and keep the 2 he claims are missing.  I guess I'm going to loose on this one...

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

I'm assuming this is for the 11 piece set of Buffalo nickels.

Say nothing but "Return for refund"

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Then block the buyer.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

And that is why I never recommend to sell in lots.

Buyers ull what they want and return the rest.  And you cannot prove otherwise.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

I would simply advise him to return the entire shipment that he received for a refund and send him a return shipping label.  If he returns, issue a full refund.  If he doesn't call and have the case closed the day after the final day he is required to return.  Don't forget to put him on your BBL.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

No...it's another item.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Sandra, it looks like you are a new seller. My gut reaction is that he set out to buy several items, got you to combine, and then claimed missing. This was his plan from the beginning. I say this because this happened to me when I was only in business a couple months. A dozen little items that all fit easily in a 6x6x6 box, combined shipping, then guess what? not everything arrived. Block him so he can't from you again.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

I never thought of that.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

He has 100% feed back.  I thought that was a good way to judge a buyer.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

If it involves coins you just got a ebay upgrader they claim the order is short and without fail what it will be short is what was considered best in the lot... Happens quite a bit on ebay....

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@sandra53105 wrote:

He has 100% feed back.  I thought that was a good way to judge a buyer.

@sandra53105

Buyers always have 100% feedback.  We can only leave them positive fb...or a soft neutral, if you are good at that.  I always check the 'feedback left for others'....that often reveals their true nature.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

The two missing ....  are they by any chance the two that could be considered 'most valuable' or preferred/desirable?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Buyers can only get positive feedback. A buyers feedback means nothing.
=================================================
Search for Anything. 0 results.
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Being a former coin junky OP could put up the list of coins in the lot and I can pick out the two missing,but maybe I have ESPN.....

Message 15 of 23
latest reply