cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Policies - why bother?

Very PO'd seller here today.

Months ago I updated our business policies when USPS changed to ground advantage shipping.

My shipping policy is "free usps ground advantage" or Buyer chooses to pay $8.30 usps for priority.  This policy was applied to all of my listings. 

A buyer purchased item # 133869531445 set of 12 coloring books.  Her address is in CA. She chose usps priority shipping and was not charged for it.  Priority shipping cost over $20 to CA. Naturally she chose it, eBay gave it to her for free. Needless to say, I lost money on that sale.

I tried repeatedly to revise the listing to no avail.  My shipping policy showed correctly when I tried to edit the listing as free ground advantage or buyer pays priority. But on the active listing it continued to show free ground advantage AND free priority shipping. 

I had sold 72 of that item previously and a few buyers paid extra for the priority shipping.  Nobody got it for free.

I had to end the listing and do sell similar in order to correct the glitch in the shipping policy. 

Lost money and a good sales history for the item.   

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Looked at the listing and it shows free for both advantage and priority. Why not use a medium flat rate priority box. That is less than 20.  Other listings show the 8.30. It might be a glitch or a user mistake. Don't think you will ever really know. Stuff happens. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Would have been happy to help troubleshoot if you didn't already end the listing. Next time feel free to @ tag me on a biz policy / shipping question.

For what it's worth, your written description says ships Priority Mail - even on your new listing @b86fiero . Might want to edit that.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this post and for looking at my ended listing.

Coloring books do not qualify for Media mail. Wish they did.

I know stuff happens.  But it is so frustrating when it's not my fault. And it costs me money  🙂

I honestly do not understand this weird glitch.  When I repeatedly tried to revise the listing it showed my correct shipping policy. But the live listing showed free GA and free Priority.  No matter how I tried eBay continued to show the incorrect shipping.

My only choice was to end that listing and start a new one.  Do hate to lose the sales history showing 72 sold.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

If it happens again @b86fiero , create a biz policy for local pickup only, no shipping. Apply it to the listing and save. Then go back in to revise the listing and apply the desired shipping policy. Save.

That acts as a reset and clears up most issues.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@b86fiero wrote:

Coloring books do not qualify for Media mail. Wish they did.

dnasilver suggested a medium sized flat rate priority box, not Media Mail.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Contact Ebay, you should be able to get a credit for this.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply