cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bubble wrap source

Recently retired so no more access to used bubble wrap to ship stuff out as I down size my home. Don't know if referrals can be given "live", and if not I'd appreciate a PM referral to an eBay seller of packing materials with whom you've been happy. Otherwise I guess I just go see what I can find at the big W, but like to buy "in the family" when I can. Mobility impaired, so no dumpster diving for me!

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Bubble wrap source

I don't always buy from the same seller here but I can't get a huge amount but I think I usually pay about $5.99 for a 25 or 50' roll? I think? All I know is that like a 10 or 12 foot roll at the W is nearly the same price, and I always get quite a bit more. The Dollar Tree here has some too, no idea how many feet it is though, probably like 5 for a dollar.

eta: I get a 50 foot roll for about $6, Dollar Tree is a 6 foot roll for $1. Not sure on the WM one but I'm guessing it's about 10 based on the one at the DT and the one I get. 

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Bubble wrap source

If you look at my feedback and click feedback as buyer you'll see the last place I purchased it from arrived on time priced correctly no problems..

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Bubble wrap source

I use newspaper wherever weight is not an issue and I recycle most incoming wrapping materials.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Bubble wrap source

We get bubble wrap at Sam's Club.

It's about $13 and there are about 240

sheets per roll. 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Bubble wrap source

Just search for it here on ebay. If you will be using a lot it pays to buy a large roll. On ebay you will find many good sellers and you can find a 700 foot roll of 3/16" bubble x 12" width for less than $30 with free shipping. Search: bubble wrap 700 ft

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Bubble wrap source

@dblkj-0 wrote:

I use newspaper wherever weight is not an issue and I recycle most incoming wrapping materials.

You know, six years of downsizing by selling on eBay, I've never used newspaper. But that's a good idea because sometimes after wrapping items in bubblewrap I will make sure the box is properly stuffed with brown paper that I've also lost access to (although my Uline box order came with some brown paper today). I don't mind wrapping with lots of bubble wrap, but when item is securely packed I find I hate to fill the rest of the box with more bubbles, feels wasteful.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Bubble wrap source

@joem4stuff wrote:

Just search for it here on ebay. If you will be using a lot it pays to buy a large roll. On ebay you will find many good sellers and you can find a 700 foot roll of 3/16" bubble x 12" width for less than $30 with free shipping. Search: bubble wrap 700 ft

I saw lots of it and my eyes got all boggled with the choice, which is why I asked for a referral. So much of it seemed to be small bubbles, and I've been used to using big bubbles, not that I suppose it matters if the item is well wrapped. And the used stuff I've been packing with is usually "normal" bubble wrap, but every now and again I salvaged some really stiff kind that worked for lining a box but not for wrapping, or some really weenie stuff that felt like it wasn't very sturdy.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Bubble wrap source

@mewgirl1 wrote:

@dblkj-0 wrote:

You know, six years of downsizing by selling on eBay, I've never used newspaper. But that's a good idea because sometimes after wrapping items in bubblewrap I will make sure the box is properly stuffed with brown paper that I've also lost access to (although my Uline box order came with some brown paper today). I don't mind wrapping with lots of bubble wrap, but when item is securely packed I find I hate to fill the rest of the box with more bubbles, feels wasteful.

I get a free local community paper in my mailbox every week, I use it.

Sometimes my relatives have a bunch of old newspapers sitting around in boxes.

I heard what you said about dumpster diving, but even brown grocery paper bags would probably work, just have to say "paper" when the cashier asks how you'd like your stuff bagged and on that note those plastic t-shirt bags work as well... 

Granted we have to sacrifice a little bit of pride as the name of your local grocer will be in your packaging from here on out.

It's too bad we no longer get a Sears catalog in the mail.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Bubble wrap source

We also stopped using very many packing peanuts because of the cost. 

We use a lot of newspapers and have had no problems.

Family and friends save them for us. 

We place thin foam in between each piece and wrap in lots of bubble wrap.

I sell mostly china and have had no problems with breakage.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Bubble wrap source

Talk to local businesses, I get tons from small stores, especially Hobby Lobby and Michael's
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Bubble wrap source

Thank you so much.
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Bubble wrap source

@hollysfinds wrote:

We get bubble wrap at Sam's Club.

It's about $13 and there are about 240

sheets per roll. 

I'll second that as being good stuff.  I've used this for years for all my small-bubble needs.  Price is right.  When it's gone, I even turn the nice dispensor box it comes in inside out and cut it down in height (so the hand-hold and dispensor areas are gone) and use it to ship something.  For larger bubble, I don't always buy the same brand.  I typically buy 250 feet at a time in 12" width.  I try to find a deal of about $30 for that, including shipping.  I usually buy it on ebay.  It's much less than at any store.  The only concerns I've had are that some rolls have too many bubbles popped already, and some rolls have perforations that are hard to tear, while others always tear right on the line.  For my packaging, I'm often tearing off single sheets or two or three-sheet lengths, and I like to have it tear right on the line.  I use bubble wrap for almost everything.  I used to use newspaper, but it takes longer, is heavier, is dirtier, and likely does not impress the customer as much as bubble wrap.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Bubble wrap source

The best source is right here on Ebay unless you are looking for free bubble wrap.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Bubble wrap source

@dblkj-0 wrote:

That is not good at all for packaging material. OP, please DO NOT resort to using newspaper.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply