cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brian Please tell us exactly when this new GTC policy begins

Brian,

The link to read the Seller Update continues to be broken.  Please tell us exactly when the new GTC policy goes into effect.  Many of us may wish to remove listings that we don't want to have relisted and that we don't want to pay extra fees for.  For example, I have listings over my stores allotment and I don't want to pay to relist them.  WHEN do I need to move them to another site?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: Brian Please tell us exactly when this new GTC policy begins

"If you haven't seen it, please check out Harry Temkin's update - he's our VP for Seller Experience."

Thanks for the link that doesn't work.

Message 31 of 48
latest reply

I'm going to start off dealing with this by ending my BINS, on two IDs, the day of or day before they are due to relist. This will certainly take some extra time and effort and a mishap could really cost me. If I make an error here or there and get nailed with extra listing fees, I'll have to think of another solution. I still keep hoping this won't benefit eBay the way they think it will and they will change the policy back again.
Message 32 of 48
latest reply

Geez! I didn't realize just how uncomfortable I'd be pushing the List Item button knowing there's a GTC attached. Now that I've done it, I realize this could be disastrous if I should get sick for a few days or don't end in time for any other reason. ...Don't like this at all!
Message 33 of 48
latest reply

FYI  I didn't  list or create a new listing yesterday (3.18.19 but i did relist a an item today and  "sur nuff" it was a 30 day GTC without me doing anything- meaning making any changes to the relisting.

Didn't  read anything about  the 3.18 effective  date but have  been busy with doctor &  hospital visits recently.   Last I recall was the  vaguely stated & less than professional  announcement of a "around mid month" startup for implementation.

Will make  certain I do not list more than 25  active items to avoid any listing fees - only  receive 50  free listing/month - no store, no TRS - just  an above average eBay seller that does  a **bleep** good  job selling on eBay and seems to  have a high level  of customer satisfaction based on  FB comments and no red hickeys  or defects on my eBay "robo" report card.  That all can change tomorrow.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 34 of 48
latest reply

Each morning, I'm ending fixed price listings that are set to automatically renew that day. Then I will relist them when I want to. This is an extra step, but it's better than having them automatically relist.

Message 35 of 48
latest reply

@spaceman1958 wrote:

Each morning, I'm ending fixed price listings that are set to automatically renew that day. Then I will relist them when I want to. This is an extra step, but it's better than having them automatically relist.

My plan exactly.

Message 36 of 48
latest reply

I don't like this new policy and I plan to leave. They say they are trying to be more like Amzon but why do you need to follow their lead? Plus, how are you being like Amazon when you only pay when the item actually sells on Amazon. I'm already on the hunt for new sites. It stinks because I have been here since 2002 on my other account but if I have to cut ties, then Ebay handed me the scissors. 

Message 37 of 48
latest reply

Where did all the other posts on the GTC topic go?

Must be their way of shutting us down with our opinions and suggestions of being unhappy sellers. 

Message 38 of 48
latest reply

This is the absolute last straw !

I just got off the phone and CS took down my notes and will submit them, Whoooooopppppeeeeeeeee!

Sales were down 70% last year because I didn't do auto-return. My listings are so buried that I won't be exposed to buyers unless they are doing a very patient search. I didn't do a store because I just don't have time to manage it, so my listings get further buried. Disrupted my daily life to make sure everything got shipped out on time, and made sure that everything got delivered.

Now they come up with this cash grab policy that guarantees that they get listing fees automatically billed. CS said you cannot opt out of this one. My inventory fluctuates too much and I try to post when it is more economical, or inventory rises. I have no control over listing fees and what is posted. This policy will increase the number of cancelled listings because people in my position have other outlets they sell to, and inventory is always changing.

I am thankful that I have a wholesale outlet for my inventory for about the same price as eBay. I have done eBay for over 20 years and this is the exact release that I need. eBay used to be fun, now it has become a burden for most sellers that has failed to produce revenue that is not even close to what it used to because of another terrible policy.
Message 39 of 48
latest reply

I dread reading the new "updates" every time they come out with one. It is always taking something away from us and is never good for sellers, but good for ebay! Then when they say "Sellers requested it" and we know we didn't, it is really upsetting. I think we should be able to list our products the way WE want, after all it's OUR store!

Message 40 of 48
latest reply

I called eBay yesterday and expressed my disappointment with the good till canceled issue. She informed me that if eBay gets enough complaints within the next month or so they will look into getting rid of this. This is ridiculous not having any control over our listings. I did tell her all this is going to do is going to make people pull their listings early losing sales for eBay as a result. I also mentioned to her a two,three and 4-week listings would be ideal. So please people start calling and complaining.

Message 41 of 48
latest reply

We shut down our company listings about 5 years ago. I have kept my personal listings going until this new round of **bleep** policies came up. I may still post a few listings as long as they are free. 2 Years ago my monthly fees were over 1 k per month. Last month, a whopping 60 bucks, and 25% of that was my subscription fee. That reminds me, I need to cancel that too.

My best advice for the staff and management of eBay. Quit trying to be Amazon. Go back and just be happy with being eBay. Start listening to your sellers because without us you have nothing. If you have not looked in the mirror lately trying to figure out why the number of sellers has diminished lately, and new sellers are not coming into the mix. Maybe try looking at the number of ridiculous policies that have caused this downturn. I don't disagree with policies that benefit the buyers, but your constant restrictions, and failed policies that make it a burden for sellers to operate. This is another policy that on paper looks like it will generate more listing fees. Even in the short term, I am confident that you will see listing fees diminish, as well as the number of sellers.
Message 42 of 48
latest reply

Believe or believe it not the GTC starts on April fools day

Is Ebay having a laugh ???????

Message 43 of 48
latest reply

Another point…every morning when I am babysitting my listings to avoid the automatic re-list….will take time away from what I usually do…look for things to buy! 

Message 44 of 48
latest reply

Hi , it is already in effect i found 2 of my newer listings had the gtc 30 day requirement when i was going to relist . i won't be listing any new items now if that is the only option for bin 30 day listings . The only reason i see behind this move is to trick people to pay listing fees they would not have normally agreed to . I love how they state... to help you sell your item this is now a GTC only listing .  just when i thought they could not get any worse they pull this **bleep** .  good luck everybody & best wishes . 

Message 45 of 48
latest reply