cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bids with scores below my threshold and buyers address seems to be fake

So ebay allowed a bidder toget in on my auction for a card when I dont allow for anything less than at least 5 reviews.  Its a brand new account with 3 reviews all on the same day. Plus the address they gave me is to an empty plot of land.  What do I do?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

That's not a setting you can enable, nor a policy you can choose to enact. The plot of land may have been developed since the map you checked was updated.  You have no way to know.  If they pay, ship.  If they don't, wait the required amount of time, then cancel for non-payment.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

As noted in the other post, there is no way to automatically block all bids from members with zero or positive feedback.  You can block members with a negative feedback score (extremely rare nowadays) and there's an option to block members from buying/bidding on more than one of your items in ten days. But you can't block that first bid/purchase.

If the location is vacant, then USPS will return the package to you. The Google street view of my street is 8 years old; a lot can happen in 8 years.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

You can block buyers with a feedback score up to 5. It under your Buyer Requirements settings. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Show me exactly how and where.  

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

When/if that bidder pays, you ship his purchase to the address you were given.  

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@mavrix33 wrote:

You can block buyers with a feedback score up to 5. It under your Buyer Requirements settings. 

Hi @mavrix33 

Look again.  eBay NEVER allowed positive feedback scores to be blocked.

It USED to be possible to block members with NEGATIVE feedback scores (up to -4) … way back when a buyer could receive negative feedback.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

That setting only applies to buyers making multiple purchases -- see the setting directly above that.

There is no way to preemptively block users on the basis of feedback from making a single purchase, other than the vanishingly small number of users with negative total feedback scores.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Missed that part. Total **bleep** what Ebay has turned into. 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@mavrix33 wrote:

No you can't.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

what Ebay has turned into.

Blocking zero feedback users was never possible, so that is hardly an example of eBay "turning into" anything.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@mavrix33 wrote:

So ebay allowed a bidder to get in on my auction for a card when I dont allow for anything less than at least 5 reviews.  Its a brand new account with 3 reviews all on the same day. Plus the address they gave me is to an empty plot of land.  What do I do?

If Ebay says the buyer has paid then you ship. As others have said - you cannot impose a bidding or buying limit on non-negative buyers making their first purchase from you. Only multiple purchases within something like 10 days can be blocked from low feedback buyers. Realistically though - there is not really a whole world of difference between a buyer with 3 feedback and one with 5 that you say you would allow.

As for the shipping address I would always assume that its good. After all - a scammer wants to get your item as much as a legit buyer would. The only time I would check for problems is if I try to buy the label through Ebay and get an error message. Thats because Ebay validates the address with USPS when you buy the label. If the USPS says there is a problem with the address then you would not be able to print the label. At that point you can cancel due to Problem with buyer address.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Google earth showed our address as an empty lot for about 6 years.  I don't know how often they update that stuff, but it was our house, not an empty lot.  Lol

Looking at it today, the vehicles in the drive are not the ones we own now.  Gotta be at least 4 years back.....

And e-Bay allows guest check-out.  Those are all zero FB IDs.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

Google earth showed our address as an empty lot for about 6 years.  I don't know how often they update that stuff, but it was our house, not an empty lot.  Lol

Looking at it today, the vehicles in the drive are not the ones we own now.  Gotta be at least 4 years back.....

I think if you look through the fine print on the page, there's usually some indication of the date that the image was taken.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply