cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bids from a country I don't ship to

I listed a 2008 collectible figurine today and received multiple bids from 5 different bidders starting 14 minutes after listing all from China. I do not ship to China. Is this anything to be concerned about? see 385246754078. Thanks for any help/information.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Bids from a country I don't ship to

Possibly the buyer has a US address where they have their purchase sent to, either a family member or a freight forwarder.

I don’t see that item being a scam magnet, if they provide a US address and pay, I would ship.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

If they are able to bid, it means that the buyers have shipping addresses located in the US.

No need for concern at this stage. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for such a fast response! And if no US address? Am I obligated to ship?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

If you have your settings properly set to block buyers with an address you don’t ship to, they will have been blocked unless they provided a Us address as @earthdreamer pointed out.

In the case you don’t have blocks in place and they don’t provide a US address, you can cancel with “Problem with buyer’s address”.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for such a fast response! I'll sit tight. This is the first time that no bids, as yet, are from the US or countries I ship to.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for such a fast response!  “Problem with buyer’s address” Great to know.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I have two buyers that have their items shipped to a place in Oregon. I panicked the first time I realized my item was being shipped to China but realized once it arrives in OR, my work is done. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thanks again!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thank you. I'll relax now. It just seems weird that all of the only 5 bids so far are from 5 different bidders all from China.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply