cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to exit eBay

I'm just tired of trying to sell on eBay and want to quit.   The problem is I have a lot of money tied up in inventory.  How foolish do you think it would be to just list everything at auction for 99 cents and just take what I can get?  Or do you think just keep using the 50 listings a month and drag it on forever in the hopes things eventually sell?  I don't know.  Just don't want to bother anymore.  Could I right off a loss on taxes?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Best way to exit eBay

Typo sorry. Listed on Poshmark 

RRR
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Have you checked the prices that similar items have sold for against what you have yours priced at.

I looked at a wallet and some of your jewelry. The jewelry is way overpriced when compared to what similar items are selling for and auctions are maybe only bringing in $10 whereas if you lower your price - you can get $15 - $24 BIN. Same with the one wallet - while a couple have sold for $45+ - most are in the area of selling at $24.

You often have to recheck your prices because what they were selling for 3 months ago is not what they are selling for today. You have a lot of nice items that I'm sure will sell but you need to lower a lot of the prices.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@km181177 wrote:

Could I right off a loss on taxes?

Im not a tax professional but you should be able to claim a loss in taxes for your eBay selling. My CPA tells me many businesses don't profit during the first year so they claim a loss. You get taxed on income... if you sell items at a loss then you have no income there. Still, ask your tax professional to confirm.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@lightwing_studios wrote:

The Best Way To Exit ebay is on Horseback and preferably in The Buff...show some pinache. 🙂

I was thinking on a float with a tiara waving to the crowd but a la Godiva also works...

Message 19 of 19
latest reply