cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best reasons i have heard why a seller can't ship my won listings

1.  the package was stolen out of my car before i could get to the post office.

2. The dog took a huge bite out of the item. 

3. My kid listed the item without me knowing--dang 5 year kids are smart tho-lol

4.This was the best--my ex climbed on the roof-ripped my telephone cable-wouldn't let me have the item-just got telphone service back so i could send you a message that i can't ship the item.

lots more over the years--but these were my best reasons i was given.

I don't leave bad feedback- if it can't be postive- it will be nothing-life is to short to worry with the small things-being a seller myself once i know that things do happen--keep in mind all the given excuses were from brand new sellers-lol

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Best reasons i have heard why a seller can't ship my won listings

A defect on a brand new account.

Will not be here selling for long.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I don't have any reasons as a buyer, but I have one as a seller....  I was out of town and my hubby forgot to mail it. Yep, I threw him right under the bus. But it was actually the truth. Anyway, they buyer was very understanding and gave me positive feedback anyway.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I made a killer score on some poorly-listed item a few years back. The next day I get a message from the seller, to the effect that her 3-year-old took the item out of her house, threw it down on the sidewalk and broke it. 

Um... sure... okay... but I fix them all the time and have lots of spare parts; go ahead and send it to me anyway.

Sorry! It was already thrown out. Here is your refund.

I firmly believe that sellers (and buyers, for that matter) should not have small children. Then all our transactions would be perfect. Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Just got this one from an Etsy seller for an item purchased on the Nov 4

"Sorry I've been really busy all of a sudden"  Finally shipped on the 16th.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply