cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best months of the year to sell consumer electronics?

I've been researching when electronics are getting the best prices for selling and not coming up with good solid answers. 

*From past experience I'm thinking electronics are getting the most attention during the cold months of late fall and early winter before Christmas.  Mainly based on people spending more time indoors on their computers/tablets/etc.

What months of the year do you guys think electronics are selling the best?

Is it worth waiting for those eBay (F)inal (V)alue (F)ee discounts, usually offered first part of January?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Best months of the year to sell consumer electronics?

I have always thought Income Tax time was best for selling big ticket Items like electronic's or home Appliances. People have large amounts of cash and usually buy Items on their wish list. Good Luck to you.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@zippy775 Sure they'll get more attention around the holiday, but not necessarily the highest prices. Retailers offer tons of deals around that time and people shop for bargains.

Are you trying to figure out when electronics generate the most traffic or the highest prices? Because those are two different questions.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Definitely higher prices... The more traffic I get the more likely I am to sell at a higher price no? These electronics will be high end with no reserve.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I suggest doing some google searching on electronics sales trends, particularly the items you will be selling.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

This is really a no-brainer question. 

The best time to sell them is right before Christmas.  Sept-Oct-Nov-Dec.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply