cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Offers

I've noticed a couple emails stating that buyers can now make offers on my listings.  It will then show a couple listings that have "best offer" turned on automatically.  The problem is, is that I don't want best offer on them so then have to go in and remove it.  What's up with that?  If I wanted to have that option, I would have selected "or best offer"when creating the listing.  Has anyone else noticed this being added to your listing when you didn't want it?  My prices are already reasonable, I think.  If I go any lower, I may as well just give it up. Thanks in advance.  

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Best Offers

eBay does that sometimes and you can't disable it. When you remove it from your listings eBay will add it right back in a few days. You have 2 "sticky" options that you can use to deal with it:

1. Set up an auto-decline price at a penny below your ask so you won't see offers. Side effect: it can really annoy shoppers and turn them off to your listings and eBay in general.
  2. Raise your prices 15% and set up auto-decline for any amount below your original ask.

Sorry you're one of the sellers affected by this.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I list with templates to eliminate this, and other problems and eBay "features".

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I happen to list using OBO on many listings, but I don't use it on all. And yes... I have seen this added to listings without the seller's knowledge on relist. Just as GSP being highlighted on new listings, when I don't ship internationally.

Here's my workaround...

From Seller Hub, hover over 'Listings' and select 'Active'. Do a bulk edit (tick all the boxes to the left of the listings) and when the page prefills, you'll want to chose the Field 'Price, quantity, Best Offer'... and choose 'Remove from all'. Confirm and submit. In my case, I select 'GSP' and remove from all, but it's the same movements.

I hate to only have this to offer, but it's become a quick 'regular maintenance' for me. Upward and onward and all...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Customers can "make offers" even if when you have "make offer" TURNED OFF.       EBAY allows customers to "make offer" through contact Seller email.    Customer just chooses, contact seller, reason "make offer".

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

eBay does that sometimes and you can't disable it. When you remove it from your listings eBay will add it right back in a few days. You have 2 "sticky" options that you can use to deal with it:

1. Set up an auto-decline price at a penny below your ask so you won't see offers. Side effect: it can really annoy shoppers and turn them off to your listings and eBay in general.
  2. Raise your prices 15% and set up auto-decline for any amount below your original ask.

Sorry you're one of the sellers affected by this.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@caldreamer wrote:

Customers can "make offers" even if when you have "make offer" TURNED OFF.       EBAY allows customers to "make offer" through contact Seller email.    Customer just chooses, contact seller, reason "make offer".

Yep, you are correct.  I think they do this just encase you forgot to turn Best Offer on.

Screenshot 2021-06-01 172128.jpg

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank you to all who responded and for the helpful advice.  I will give them a try!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You can turn that off in your account settings, @stephenmorgan, so that it doesn't tell buyers to send a message with their best price.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

sihatch82401
Rising Star

I am very annoyed by the best offer feature as I was selling an item and got a very good offer I was about to click accept and someone bid on the item removing the best offer that stated it was good fro 48 hours meanwhile had a 24 hour timer and then lowering the the initial entry point by over $200 when compares to the best offer I was in the middle of accepting. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I just got hit with that today. Like you, if I WANTED to accept best offers, I WOULD have set it up that way.  If I hadn't caught the change from ebay, the low offer price would not have covered the free shipping. ebay is getting to be painier and painier. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply