cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Offers Glitch - Best Offer Accepted Without Approval

Today one of my items sold for $2.00 less than my Buy It Now price. I didn't believe that I had sent an offer to watchers on this item, so I contacted eBay. Apparently the buyer had sent an offer to me this morning and although I was never notified of the offer and never accepted it, the system showed it as accepted and completed the sale. eBay confirmed that I did not have the setting enabled to automatically accept offers. eBay also confirmed that it was "probably due to an upgrade in the system".

I am not going to get upset about a $2.00 loss, but I decided to turn off Best Offers on all my listings until I can trust eBay won't be auto-accepting any and all offers.  I did receive several offers in the last couple of days -- one was auto-declined, the other I accepted, so it might have been a one-time glitch.  But I will be waiting for a bit before I re-enable offers and I might set the auto-decline on all of them just to be sure. 

Anyone else have this issue? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Best Offers Glitch - Best Offer Accepted Without Approval

Will miracle glitches never cease?

For glitches do undermine trust.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

CS problem solving , it's a glitch, will notify ebay's tech team, to review your issue.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Update: I just noticed that that item I mentioned is shown under Drafts as well as under Sold. I didn't add it as a Draft, unless this happened while support was researching, not sure.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply