cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being targeted by Ebay

Sure seems Ebay is targeting me removing multiple listings with claims of counterfeit, copies etc.  Nothing wrong with the listing content or photos., they are not copies or counterfeit.   tested their process by using all the same info from a similar listing and my photos.  They have no way of these claims unless the product is in front of them.  Again, they removed them and blocked my account.  Conversations with reps and supervisors gave me 6 different smoke/mirror answers.   Similar listings by other sellers, exactly the same remain active.  One seller told me he thinks the listings that remain are those of Ebay employees,  When asked exactly what on my listings causes these actions, they will not give any answer.  Amazing, no help to sellers.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Being targeted by Ebay

What type of item is it or what product is it?

It does not matter if other sellers have the item up. Sometimes the system does not catch them. 

It is mostly detected by an algorithm / software. 

Sometimes it is by report from other sellers/buyers, but usually by the system.

Depending on the item, manufacturer, condition, etc., your listing may simply be getting flagged because of the wording or text you are using on the listing. 

For example, unless authorized by Apple, many listings get flagged for using Apple terms such as "lightning" while other listings that use "8 pin" instead of the lightning term for the connector do not. This is just an example of course. 

You could be running into that type of flag. If that is the case, you should make sure you know exactly what the system is flagging your listing for so that after some time you can list your items and not use the terms that are causing the issue. Of course, since you are already flagged you want to make sure that whatever you do, you do not relist or list other items that could have the same issue, as you will certainly put your account at risk for suspension. 

If it is not being flagged because of text you use or something similar and it is simply because selling that item is not allowed by the manufacturer, then you should absolutely stay away from listing it. 

The Vero program can be very unfair and surely some sellers / listings get around it, but it is not worth losing your account over. If you believe that you are being flagged by accident, contact the VERO rights owner to get permission to list the item and send the correspondence to eBay to have the flag removed from your account. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@jimbosmoviesmusic wrote:

Sure seems Ebay is targeting me removing multiple listings with claims of counterfeit, copies etc.  Nothing wrong with the listing content or photos., they are not copies or counterfeit.   tested their process by using all the same info from a similar listing and my photos.  They have no way of these claims unless the product is in front of them.  Again, they removed them and blocked my account.  Conversations with reps and supervisors gave me 6 different smoke/mirror answers.   Similar listings by other sellers, exactly the same remain active.  One seller told me he thinks the listings that remain are those of Ebay employees,  When asked exactly what on my listings causes these actions, they will not give any answer.  Amazing, no help to sellers.

Keep relisting such and you will not be selling on eBay for long. You on the watch list now and they out to get you violation their rules and regs.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

What type of item is it or what product is it?

It does not matter if other sellers have the item up. Sometimes the system does not catch them. 

It is mostly detected by an algorithm / software. 

Sometimes it is by report from other sellers/buyers, but usually by the system.

Depending on the item, manufacturer, condition, etc., your listing may simply be getting flagged because of the wording or text you are using on the listing. 

For example, unless authorized by Apple, many listings get flagged for using Apple terms such as "lightning" while other listings that use "8 pin" instead of the lightning term for the connector do not. This is just an example of course. 

You could be running into that type of flag. If that is the case, you should make sure you know exactly what the system is flagging your listing for so that after some time you can list your items and not use the terms that are causing the issue. Of course, since you are already flagged you want to make sure that whatever you do, you do not relist or list other items that could have the same issue, as you will certainly put your account at risk for suspension. 

If it is not being flagged because of text you use or something similar and it is simply because selling that item is not allowed by the manufacturer, then you should absolutely stay away from listing it. 

The Vero program can be very unfair and surely some sellers / listings get around it, but it is not worth losing your account over. If you believe that you are being flagged by accident, contact the VERO rights owner to get permission to list the item and send the correspondence to eBay to have the flag removed from your account. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You have 10 negs in the past 6 months with claims of copied labels, burnt copies, and boot leg copies. I would suspect that is why your listings are on someone's watchlist.

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

No that’s not the case this exact same thing has been happening to me, I have no complaints about product quality issues. I’ve been taken down now for 10 day followed everything the eBay employees said to do… yet I do see very obvious counterfeits and expired up and thriving, I’m definitely being targeted don’t know what to do about it.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

That’s the nonsense eBay cs says, that doesn’t work I’ve tested it thoroughly. Watching a listing that was up for 3 weeks and had multiple sales. I copied their wording exactly also using the eBay provided product photo, just like the other listing. I was taken down and suspended with in an hour, the other listing remains to today a month strong. eBay’s targeting or their system is flawed.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I'm sure you 14 neutrals and 10 negatives complaining about quality issues and/or bootlegs has nothing to do with it.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply