cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be careful when using bulk editor to relist or sell similar

I've noticed today it's been dropping items and if you're not being observant you could 'lose' those listings.

For example, you select 10 items to relist/sell similar, but when the bulk editor screen populates if you look at the top it says 9 out of 10 items selected (or whatever number it chooses). Now if you don't notice that and assume it's processed your 10 selected listings and hit submit, then go back to unsolds and delete the 10 you selected to list, you've just deleted a listing which has NOT been launched to actives and is no longer in unsolds either.

May be a reason for so called poofed listings over time.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Be careful when using bulk editor to relist or sell similar

I have also noticed this occasionally over the past six months.  I've lost half a dozen listings or so and didn't realize until I took inventory.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Great. 

Just GREAT.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for noticing this. Could explain why some items of mine have never sold but have disappeared from all history. I notice later I still have the item hanging around, and wonder,  What happened to that listing! 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Good thing to make note of, thanks.  Seems they're making changes to the Relisting page, and so far, I'm not impressed.  I just found out today that there is no Relist or Submit button to relist multiple items, only a Delete button.  You can only relist or Sell Similar (which is just to the right of each Relist button) one by one!!!!  I hope they fix this soon! 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@mikesells80

They want you to use the Seller Hub to bulk list

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@mikesells80  I have no problem doing bulk relists, however, I didn't know you were ever capable of sell similars in bulk.  Are you saying you once had this capacity?  If so, I have really been missing out as I've done them one by one.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:

@mikesells80

They want you to use the Seller Hub to bulk list

Or use Selling Manager/Selling manager Pro, while they still exist.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

On my 3 accounts...I can not sell similar in multiples any more, only one at a time...oh well. ....as of a couple of weeks ago.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

You were always able to sell similar in bulk from the generic eBay page. (until now) because, you know, they know better than we do.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I had a store a year or two ago which I did a lot of bulk sell similars and had this issue on occasion.  As they finalized I'd get a notice that "one of your listings did not post..."  As long as you found the tab somewhere above the notice you could click on it to retrieve the listing that didn't go through.  More often then not it was an Ebay glitch...usually all I had to do was click on anything for the listing that would get the system to "think" for a moment (I usually just changed the listing days to something different then back to what I wanted).  That's all it needed, then I'd click on Sell Similar again and it went right through!

Also, I NEVER delete unsolds.  Instead I always use the "not relisted" filter.  I would bulk list using sell similar in small chunks of say 20 or 30 and mark all or at least the last with some note to myself like "****the above 20 items are SS*****".  For the things I relist obviously they'd disapper from this screen (change the filter back to ALL and these can still show if you ever need).  This way I wouldn't lose a listing.

Any time I'd relisted/SS'd a lot of things I'd run one of those duplicate listing finder programs on my account just to be safe.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply