cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bart or Not?

I've been receiving an inordinate amount of messages from potential buyers asking me to lower a selling price.

I am referring to items that do not have a "Make Offer" option. These offers are more often than not asking for 50 percent off or more.

Is anybody else seeing an uptick in these kinds of messages?

This is getting a tad bit annoying as I research before I list and when these messages arrive. I price competitevely and am often the lowest price on Ebay.

I don't mind considering dropping a price, but this is becoming to annoy me. I am not running a flea market.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Bart or Not?

Possible, but not probable.

I am a firm believer that profit is in the volume, not the margin.

I have had many discussions/arguments with other sellers about this. A sellers' instinct is to try to get as much as one can for any given item. Consequently, they will put the highest price on an item.

It is counter-intuitive to mark an item at the lowest price, but it works. My mark-up and margins are lower than others. But at the end of the year, because of the volume, I have more money in the bank.

Because I follow this strategy, I spend more time than most sellers pricing product as I am doing research constantly, even on product that has been listed. Thus, my frustration when a potential buyer askes for a discount for no other reason than they can.

It is not the singular isolated case, but rather the volume of these requests that is beginning to annoy me.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Bart or Not?

slight_smile

By bad!

Thank for the giggle!

Message 17 of 17
latest reply