cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication Program

Can someone tell me why eBay started their Autenification Program what is the point?

Why are eBay international sales into the United States from foreign countries not subject to the extra scrutiny   of the Authentication Program?  Why are US Domestic Sellers saddled with the extra burden of the Authentication Program?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Authentication Program

Why?  to give buyers confidence that they are buying the "real thing"..........which ebay claims has resulted in many more sales......  Considering some of the items are going for $1000's.....one would presume it's true. 

It also gives sellers more protection........from buyer claiming counterfeit/not 24K gold etc and from buyers returning the $1 ring for the 10 carat diamond........

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Authentication Program

@red_diamond_trading wrote:

Can someone tell me why eBay started their Autenification Program what is the point?

Why are eBay international sales into the United States from foreign countries not subject to the extra scrutiny   of the Authentication Program?  Why are US Domestic Sellers saddled with the extra burden of the Authentication Program?

To do that, eBay would have to open authentication programs overseas so that sellers there would submit their merchandise, which means liaising with authentication firms in various regions, setting up protocols and international shipping. I can see where that could be done and may be done, but not right now. I think they have something starting up in Japan, though.

Just my spitballing.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 3
latest reply