cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask buyers and sellers about this product

When I ask a question on the bottom of a sellers page where does that question show up on the eBay community forums?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Ask buyers and sellers about this product

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@z50com wrote:

Where do these questions go?

Who gets to answer them?

I've asked 2 questions and never got any answers. . .

Z, so did I.  Never got any answers, either.  I am not sure it really works.

Maybe the question we should ask is "Does anybody even SEE this question?" and see if we get any replies.  😉

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@z50com wrote:

Below is at the bottom of every listing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Questions & Answers

Ask buyers and sellers about this product

*All questions will be publicly shared with buyers and sellers. See our *All questions will be publicly shared with buyers and sellers. See ourcommunity guidelines.

That all references the 'Product Reviews'. That's where the questions and answers go.

Yes, somehow I wound up on one of those pages.  Asked a question that was to be sent to many sellers, not one response.  I don't know if it even works.

And that surprises you on here?

Q&A took the place that ask question used to be That is why ebay made a Contact seller for seller specific questions.

Q&A is for questions from sellers & buyers about things in the product catalog.
And it's a mess
A buyer thinking Q&A was ask seller a question sent a question to Cyn about her items
She could not tell who the buyer was & posted a answer but answers and posts go through a review & it never got posted
Here is her thread  & see ebay Syedmhaq response post # 33

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-does-THIS-help-sellers-SELL-gt-gt-Help-answer-a-question/t...

I brought it up on chat with Brian Burke , but really didn't get any answer  see post#94
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/eBay-Executive-Chat-Oct-17th-1pm-PT-Brian-...

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@z50com wrote:

Where do these questions go?

Who gets to answer them?

The questions go on the "product page", near the "product reviews" and other useless information. 

Apparently anyone can answer them, although eBay spams sellers and buyers of "similar" (ahem!) items suggesting they answer them. 

I asked a couple too, just to see what happened.  No one ever answered mine too, the question / answer is not on any "product page" either.  eBay says you'll get an email with the answer when one is given.  I've heard nothing there either. 

Sorta like calling eBay CS... only you don't have to wait on hold! 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Uh....wait a minute!   I just noticed this new Ask Buyers and Sellers thing showing at the bottom of my listing descriptions.   Maybe I don't understand this, but is eBay allowing other buyers and sellers to answer questions from potential buyers and customers about my listed products???

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

@surfnet471 wrote:

Uh....wait a minute!   I just noticed this new Ask Buyers and Sellers thing showing at the bottom of my listing descriptions.   Maybe I don't understand this, but is eBay allowing other buyers and sellers to answer questions from potential buyers and customers about my listed products???

That is correct. 

If they want to ask YOU, they need to use the Contact Seller link, at the upper right of the listing page.  Of course some of them may not realize this, so I hope whoever answers gives the correct information about your product! 

A few of us have tried this out just for giggles.  It says you'll receive an email when someone has answered your question.  So far as I know, none of us ever received any answer (I didn't)... that was weeks ago...

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Thanks for the response Ted.   

"so I hope whoever answers gives the correct information about your product! "

I hope so also!!!   Without getting into details, there's no way many people could answer a question correctly about our products.    Someone not involved in the manufacturing of our product would most likely confuse a potential buyer and very possibly cost us a sale. 

In my opinion, allowing other buyers and sellers to answer questions about another sellers product is nuts and borders on being illegal.    I'm no attorney, but I've taken several law courses and I have a younger brother that's an attorney.   I hope and assume eBay has checked this out.   If another person answers a question incorrectly about someone elses product and it's posted on an open forum and costs the seller a sale, I think that might be considered fraud and leaves the door open for lawsuits.

Think I may contact some people, including eBay, and make sure I understand this and if they know what they're doing.

Thanks again!

Message 22 of 22
latest reply