cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we going out of business eBay???

What's going on with you?  Is your IT department out to shut us down??  Not only am I a seller and full time business owner here on eBay I'm also a shareholder.  I'm going to keep this short and sweet.

You're killing my business.  I've been selling full time for over a decade and never have seen it so bad, even in 2008-09. 

You need to stop whatever you're doing that is causing this downturn.

We need your help.  PLEASE STOP!

If you kill our business now where will we be a year from now?  How many people will shut down their stores?  You won't get "promoted listing fees" if people pull the plug.  We won't stand for higher and higher expenses with lower and lower sales numbers.  Not going to happen.

Stop.

Message 1 of 246
latest reply
245 REPLIES 245

The grind is crucial - I agree.  Also, the coffee should be ground just before brewing.  A french press with a somewhat finer grind and a half-again amount used per cup also will yield a richer brew - I used to toss one in my backpack when I went on long backpacking trips.  My friends rolled their eyes and laughed the first time I brought it out. Three days on the trail and they're all begging to use it lol.

My grinder is an actual espresso grinder so it produces the correct grind shape for an espresso machine, but even a Turkish hand grinder does a good job for a French press or pour-over.

But to get that strong doppio with the yummy rich crema on top - I think it takes a good espresso machine. Honestly, in most ways I live like a monk - simple tastes, quiet life, walk or bike most places or drive my humble  1997 wagon, but good coffee and good ale are those two things - especially the coffee.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 241 of 246
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

The grind is crucial - I agree.  Also, the coffee should be ground just before brewing.  A french press with a somewhat finer grind and a half-again amount used per cup also will yield a richer brew - I used to toss one in my backpack when I went on long backpacking trips.  My friends rolled their eyes and laughed the first time I brought it out. Three days on the trail and they're all begging to use it lol.

My grinder is an actual espresso grinder so it produces the correct grind shape for an espresso machine, but even a Turkish hand grinder does a good job for a French press or pour-over.

But to get that strong doppio with the yummy rich crema on top - I think it takes a good espresso machine. Honestly, in most ways I live like a monk - simple tastes, quiet life, walk or bike most places or drive my humble  1997 wagon, but good coffee and good ale are those two things - especially the coffee.

I had a co-worker who used to swear by the french-press method. He had a fancier version that looked almost like a test tube with some kind of seal in it... I admit, it did turn out some pretty **bleep** good coffee. For me, a lot of work for a single cup. I do have an espresso machine though that I will pull out from time to time when I want something much better. 

Since my main coffee maker bit the dust I've been using some k-cup thing with a manual filter in it to brew single cups. Not too great. I have to use about 3X the amount of coffee to get a decently strong cup out of it and it still not very robust but it does get the appropriate amount of caffeine into the system when I wake up in the AM. 

Message 242 of 246
latest reply

judging by the amount of thumbs up on the original post, this has become a huge problem. has anybody seen any improvement at all? still just crickets here...

Message 243 of 246
latest reply

not at all...

Message 244 of 246
latest reply

I used to buy everything on Ebay, and it was fun when individuals would sell items

they did not want or use.  Now it is mostly sellers who do this for a living,

and they have made Ebay just a trashy Amazon.  I used to spend $200 a month

buying from Ebay, but now that Ebay makes us pay tax on EVERYTHING I said screw it and just shop at real stores where there is some kind of guarantee.  The professional sellers on Ebay are bottom feeders.

For example, on Amazon & Chewy a new 3L Catit water fountain sells for $23.99 including shipping, but the cheapest one on Ebay is used and priced at $40.  This

is typical these days and so I no longer waste my time looking on Ebay.  The sellers from China are the only ones who still give you a deal.

Ebay is about over & needs to be shut down! You full time greedy sellers ruined

a good thing!

Message 245 of 246
latest reply

It's less greed and more economies of scale.  Amazon can source it's product cheaper, ship it cheaper, and it's overhead is less.  Really, lower prices is the same strategy that Walmart employed.  You run competition out of the market and then jack up prices.  eBay sellers also pay a higher tax rate then amazon, which actually received a rebate from the government in 2018.  I wish the government would pay to be the richest man in the world like Bezos too.

Message 246 of 246
latest reply