cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appealing Service Metrics

@Anonymous  

I've reported a couple of false snads and have already issued refunds.  How long does the reporting process take for these snads to be removed from service metrics?  

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Appealing Service Metrics

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sfc_auto_parts wrote:

@Anonymous  I followed up again with customer service for my snad I've been contesting and the agent didn't see any report on the buyer.  Again I followed the steps you laid out, but still have the snad on my service metrics.  

Please get to the bottom of this because based on the information you've posted on this thread, this transaction should qualify.  

Hi @sfc_auto_parts, I'll provide an update once I have more information to provide. 

@sonoranboutique, the way you've described your reports seems to indicate that in at least some instances you may be "reporting" buyers by asking eBay to step in on the request. I wanted to clarify that asking eBay to step in on a request is not the same as reporting a buyer, and while deciding a case in your favor would apply some protections automatically, it would not result in the removal of any Service Metrics. Reporting a buyer would be done through the Report an issue section of Seller Help (here) or by using the Report a buyer feature (here).

Message 46 of 52
latest reply

@Anonymous 

hi trinton. 

you mention using seller help to remove service metrics repeatedly.  and no my posts do not require or expect you to divulge other's acct activity.  but please explain why, if seller help is so helpful and great ... why there is no obvious link to it on the seller's hub overview page?  also, i took a good look at the seller help page and links on it ... nor could i find anything even remotely like removing service metrics hits that were skewed.  and could you provide a help page with instructions for your seller help page?  i am not the dumbest or brightest around here .... but it appears people assume that all ebay word is gospel.  ebay makes mistakes just like every else.  and it is more apparent every day that ebay can not flow chart even simple processes to make them easily understood.

Message 47 of 52
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dasarock, adding links for Seller Help into Seller Hub is something we plan to do. Keep in mind that this feature was only introduced last summer for some sellers and expanded to the wider seller audience only recently. As with any new tool, enhancements will be continuously rolled out as we continue development. 

If you go to Help & Contact at the top of any eBay page, you will see Seller Help prominently displayed on the following page, as pictured below: 

seller_help.JPG

If you search for seller help in the search bar, you will find this help page. Both the main page of Help & Contact and the related help page will direct you to Seller Help, where you can request assistance for issues you are having with buyers: 

Request Assistance.JPG

From there, you would just need to select Report an issue with a buyer to select the transaction you want to report issues for:

Report an issue with a buyer.png

You can filter the transactions presented by 7, 30, 60, or 90 days. You can search by item name, item number, or the buyer's username. Once you have found the transaction you would like to report, you just need to click on the Report an issue button. You will be presented with the following: 

Tell us what happened.png

For a situation where the buyer has filed a false not as described claim, either the Buyer abused the buyer protection program or Buyer misused returns reason. Any report reasons would result in protections being applied for eligible transactions.

I hope these screenshots help clear up any confusion on how to report a buyer. As our Seller Protection Help Page states, a seller must report a buyer to be eligible for protections. The list of qualifications are outlined on the related Seller Protection Help Page, and there is even a link to report the buyer on this page for convenience. Sellers can use the report a buyer option I've referenced in my previous posts or they can report a buyer through Seller Help - either way we would take appropriate action on any service metrics that are eligible for protection. 

Message 48 of 52
latest reply

@Anonymous  Any updates regarding the transaction I'm trying to remove from service metrics?

item # 293197049501

Message 49 of 52
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sfc_auto_parts wrote:

@Anonymous  Any updates regarding the transaction I'm trying to remove from service metrics?

item # 293197049501

Hi @sfc_auto_parts, no updates to provide at this time. I will touch base with you once I have more information to share.

Message 50 of 52
latest reply

how does one qualify for protection . 

Message 51 of 52
latest reply

seems like your paying for protection but not getting it ...and the fact that they are grading on REQUESTS nothing more STATES what they are doing in my opinion......and averaged HA i have prof , that is wrong,  as i had my first REQUEST for where s ,my item " or what ever it is and i was almost DOUBLE my peers while we are graded on similar volumes .......SO THAT IS NOT CORRECT... and yet no one at ebay will or can explain it , 

and by the way ebay it does state in your policy that we ( sellers ) are not held responsible for things out of our control YET now we are ....another contradiction and i have no control over the shipping companies , as i have a 100 % upload on time , i list 2-9 days shipping and upgrade to prioity and still NOT AVERAGE but hey i'll see if the USPS will reimburse me the 4 that i can not afford add that to the 10% percent final value fee , 3 percent money management , promotion fee 2-15% and then add another 4 % ( ONCE you get there for service metrics )  that adds up , thats at a minimum almost 20% of my sales then add shipping 15-25% and then cost of item ... WOW EBAY WILL MAKE MORE ON A SALE THEN ME , and i get less because of a REQUEST FYI EBAY i have had request for where is my item 1hr after the sale 

Message 52 of 52
latest reply