cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else sick and tired of the feedback system and having to teach new buyers the platform?

So i get someone bidding on a listing and wins the bid.  Sends a message saying they didnt know it wasnt free shipping.  So I tell them its not free shipping.  They then send a message saying I dont want it.  This person created their account on OCT 3rd 2019  and bought and paid for my item on Oct 7th.  So I tell them then dont pay for it and take the unpaid item strike.  They then pay for it get the item and then leave negative feedback.  "You should be ashamed to have someone to sell junk on your site. Had cracked the"  LOL they ran out of characters and probable typed another 4 paragraphs.    Now the item was an old vintage turntable/8 track player.  Was being sold as is for parts.  The top was cracked and it showed this in the pictures.  I can 100% guarantee they didnt read past the title and expected to get a 100% working unit.  When I wouldnt cave for the 1 millionth time and cancel a listing for a new buyer who didnt bother to read past the title till after they won the item.  You get rewarded with negative feedback.  

I wish there was a way I could decline service to people with little to no feedback.  Lets say have a setting that if your feedback is less then 10 then my items dont show up on your search engine.  Or even better yet.  If your feedback is less then 10 then you cant bid on any of my for parts listings.  Or you cant buy anything in my store for lets say more then $25.  

Whats your thoughts?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Anyone else sick and tired of the feedback system and having to teach new buyers the platform?

I think that if a buyer asks to cancel, you should go ahead and cancel, otherwise you could have problems.

Why stop at low feedback bidders? Maybe we should only sell to buyers whose feedback is above 6200.  That's be great for growth, right?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Some sellers work too hard at getting negative feedback
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Buyers with lots of feedback can miss reading details too.  I quickly dismissed the thought of teaching buyers lessons after realizing they had all the power.    I choose the easiest way out of problems or problematic people when they present themselves.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If there is no function to filter it, you can always add something in your title and/or subtitle and/or first line of your description and/or photo with text indicating that "If your feedback is less then 10 then you cant bid on any of my for parts listings".

It isn't enforceable, but it may deter the ones you don't want bidding on your items... and then some.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

For your own sanity you need to realize that the world is full of 'new' people trying things, especially technology. Kids 18 years old are trying ebay for the 1st time, could be a buyer for life if they have a descent transaction. 

With that said- many of these 'youngens' use their phones to look at products, and with everyone giving free shipping nowadays, it's best to 

1.) List with shipping included (free)

2.) If it is damaged, doesn't work etc. put that IN THE TITLE

You will only save yourself some headaches as well as teaching new buyers how to use this platform will keep all of us going for years to come. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

...yeah...

Better to just cancel the transaction as the buyer requests and THEN block them - done!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

Buyers with lots of feedback can miss reading details too. 

Didnt there used to be a problem where buyers on the mobile app were seeing Free shipping for an item when it actually had a Shipping fee? I could of sworn that was a big issue but i do not remember seeing anyone mentioning it for a while now - so hopefully it got fixed.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply