cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having a slow Sept. 2017?

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Anyone else having a slow Sept. 2017?

People are shopping on other platforms, eBay changes things too much and too often and with all the glitches buyers are going where shopping is easier.

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

You're selling clothing - like I do and the category is so over saturated I sometimes wonder how we get any sales. Besides competing with millions of sellers here - we're competing with Facebook groups, Etsy, Trendsy, Posh, reg stores with online shopping and garage sales which are still going on in most parts of the country.

Add to that the hurricanes and flooding as well as wild fires - there's a lot going on out there. 

Sales are down as I just got back from vacation and unfortunately have to work to increase my visibility again.

Message 17 of 36
latest reply

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

Looks like you are experiencing the eBay equivalent of the Potato Famine.  Restricting yourself to a single category makes you extremely vulnerable to random individual market slumps.

Diversifying the types of products you sell makes any such slumps survivable.

Thanks nowthatsjustducky.  

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

This weekend is very slow. I wonder if people are distracted by current events and/or nice weather. 

I am trying to decide whether to re-list unsold auctions to give them an extra week.

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

If I had to pay rent I would be *Homeless*, and if I was hungry I would have to*dumpster dive* on my eBay sales!

On my way out NOT my way in>>>>

Message 20 of 36
latest reply

Yep
Message 21 of 36
latest reply

I've been selling since 2000. Summers have always been slow. Fall, winter and spring pretty good. I've noticed the more you have, the more chance of selling things. I've been running 200 items more or less this past year. This year I wanted to see a substantial increase, so I worked like crazy to get my listings up to around 300 items. I haven't had a sale in 5 days. I'm getting really discouraged. I need to have double to triple my sales to make the bills. Ready to cry. I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm wasting my time, and need to find another way to make money.

Message 22 of 36
latest reply

You have to remember there was a lot of damage to states that give us a lot of sales - I don't expect sales to get back to normal until spring. My sales are down over 1/3rd - it hurts - but we aren't the only site where sales are down. My friends shops on Etsy are slow and even another who sells in a lot of Facebook groups says things are slow.

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

you bet what is happening it is like I am suddenly invisible
Message 24 of 36
latest reply

Absolutely. But I've been exceptionally lazy this month.
Message 25 of 36
latest reply

Yes. I thought the slow sales would be over after August and Labour Day. It's strange because I'm getting a lot of views and my positive reviews are going up.
Message 26 of 36
latest reply

Down 65.1% from same period last year today. My last sales was last Friday, 7 days ago, for $15.99 with shipping included. Hard to live on $5 a week, even eating ramen.

Have had over 100 items on markdown, 10-15% off for the past 10 days. No help. Still trying different items/tricks but needs to pick up quickly or I will have to end my store subscription.

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

It rotates week by week.  One week I do well and the following I don't -- it's been like that the entire month of September.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 28 of 36
latest reply

VEEEEEERY slow september!!!!  (just riding it out, hoping things will start to turn around soon)  hang in there everyone!!!! 

Message 29 of 36
latest reply

Well when the search shows up no results..I would expect no sales. 

Extreme glitches the last 3 days especially. Error codes that won't let me view people's listings, etc. 

Message 30 of 36
latest reply