cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else have shipped packages that haven't updated for a week?

I shipped 11 packages last Tuesday and Wednesday. All were sent priority extra insurance if needed. None have been received and they say delayed due to weather problems. I'm in ND and the packages were going to different places. Buyers are wondering where their packages are. Is anyone else having this issue. A week for priority is crazy slow. I know there was problems in TX but these were going all over the country.

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

@moonlitememories wrote:

I shipped 11 packages last Tuesday and Wednesday. All were sent priority extra insurance if needed. None have been received and they say delayed due to weather problems. I'm in ND and the packages were going to different places. Buyers are wondering where their packages are. Is anyone else having this issue. A week for priority is crazy slow. I know there was problems in TX but these were going all over the country.

Honestly, a week for priority under the conditions we've been having with the pandemic, Christmas hangover and horrible weather is really no big deal - it's not just Texas, it's nationwide. I've had them delayed a lot longer and over Christmas holidays stopped selling because the delays were just too great.  What I do is contact my customers to let them know, include the latest information from the USPS tracking system - I try to be proactive because not everyone sees the notifications.  So far so good - 99% of the time, buyers just want to know and also feel that the seller is enlisted in their cause.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 16 of 47
latest reply

Corrupt is the correct word!  A buyer opened a INR Case one day after the expected date.  I stood in line and had the package scanned and accepted at my post office.  I receive a email from ebay saying that I need to contact the buyer which I did.  The buyer forgot that Presidents day is a Postal Holiday.  I asked my postmaster to look into this and I was told that the package will eventually arrive.  Today, I get a e-mail for ebay saying that I need to contact the buyer or my standing could be in Jeopardy.  I filled out the form on USPS for missing packages. I was given a reference number which I forwarded to the buyer.  I received a call back from Philipines customer service. I could not understand this woman and I tried again. This time I got someone in Ireland. Basically he told me that  ebay is going to give the buyer a full refund out of my money instead of extending the deadline. The buyer will receive a full refund, ebay will get their fees and the seller is screwed again.  Great Seller Protection! 

Message 17 of 47
latest reply

That is pretty good and now you have a good understanding of how it will work.

I was told something a little different from eBay Shipping.  They said as soon as I get the Item Not Received Claim to call them and the would extend the time to resolve the missing item by 15 days.  They assured me this would be enough time to file and be paid for a insurance claim. 

I do not see that 15 days would be enough time to resolve a insurance claim.  I purchased eBay's Insurance and current rule is you have to wait 30 days before you can even make the claim.

Message 18 of 47
latest reply

Who at eBay has the power (or cares enough) to make some common sense changes due to pandemic delivery delays? Who? Some little girl in the Philippines or minimum wage employee in Ireland? The people who can make a difference are hiding behind the first line works.  I'm sure they have heard of the pandemic and all the chaos it has caused for business. It's during times like this that people and corporations really show you who they are.....eBay has failed the test. And they couldn't care less.

Message 19 of 47
latest reply

No...it's worse then that with eBay. If your buyer says they haven't received and there is no delivery confirmation then eBay gives them a refund.....and you pay for it. That is regardless of the shipping delays. And the worst part is , when it is finally delivered, and you can prove it, eBay doesn't want to know about it. They rules against you in the case and the case is closed. More and more buyers are starting to realize there is a huge hole in the system created by the  pandemic shipping delays. The start a "Item Not Received"  case. They get their money back from you. They know the item will eventually be delivered and they also know they can keep it and eBay will do nothing to help the seller recover his money. It is a huge hole in the system made obvious by the pandemic shipping delays.

Message 20 of 47
latest reply

@zero29zero wrote:

I'm thinking (hoping) that ebay is extending estimated delivery times to help protect sellers from INR cases, for an item I bought on Feb 14 last scan says "processed through USPS Albany NY 2/16", nothing since

The estimated delivery date was 2/19 and on my purchase history page it still shows as 2/19 but when I go to the original listing page it has been moved to March 4?

Is March 4 the date for "your purchase", or is that the date shown if you were to make the purchase now?

Message 21 of 47
latest reply

Yes. In fact a higher percentage of my recent shipments have received no updates than I had over the holidays.

Several packages coming to me are overdue, one of them 2 weeks late as of tomorrow (tracking hasn't updated for a week, so i know tomorrow is out).

The US Postal so-called "Service" is rapidly deteriorating.   I've started shipping more valuable items via UPS. I've been getting updated and on-time deliveries - some delivered early. The single one that was a day late was clearly updated as such on the tracking, thus taking the stress out of the situation.

Message 22 of 47
latest reply

I have two items with no scans in about a week. I have contacted the buyers and apologized to both, there's not really anything else I can do as a seller.

Message 23 of 47
latest reply

NEVER AGREE TO A REFUND ...NEVER....THEN YOU LOSE ALL YOUR RIGHTS AS A SELLER. NEVER AGREE TO A REFUND FOR "IND" CASES.

Once you agree then the case is closed ....end of store and eBay is off the hook.

If they close the case and repay the buyer without your approval you still have 30 days to dispute it. Within those 30 days your item may (will) be delivered so you will have a delivery confirmation.

Yo may win a dispute....but don't hold your breath.

The point is, we shouldn't have to go through this as sellers.

Somebody needs to start a class action suit against eBay . That'll get their attention. I'm sure what they are doing is wrong and a good lawyer, with the right publicity, could prove it.

Message 24 of 47
latest reply

I have sold an item to be shipped internationally via Ebay's Global Shipping Program on Jan. 6.  Package was scanned by USPS Jan. 7, and was enroute until Jan. 15 to Iowa.  It has not changed status until today, Feb. 24.  I sent an inquiry to USPS and was told either to continue waiting or file a claim for a lost package.  Should I assume that the package is lost since it has been more than a month now?

Message 25 of 47
latest reply

All my PRIORITY MAIL packages have been delayed for the past 2 weeks.   I shipped PRIORITY MAIL package on 2/11 from CALIFORNIA to FLORIDA (finally arrived on 2/23).   Another PRIORITY MAIL package on 2/16 from CALIFORNIA to CONNECTICUT (still no movement or updates).   

I have been thanking customers for their patience and send update several couple of days (even if USPS shows no movement).   I had USPS track package (makes customer feel that you are "on top of situation" and USPS case# shows on EBAY tracking details).

I have been very lucky that my customers have been very understanding.

Message 26 of 47
latest reply

so much for hope, my bad. My purchase ended Feb 14. I went and checked on some other completed sales going back into November and find that I was shown an estimated delivery date March 4 as if I was just buying the listing that ended in Nov. Oh well

Message 27 of 47
latest reply

So what happens then when you fall below standard?  I am out hundreds of dollars since the end of November because I sell light items that can be shipped in envelope with no tracking.  NOT one has volunteered to give my money back once they receive but are sure to send a message they got them.  I have just been refunding so I didn't fall below. 

Message 28 of 47
latest reply

@kathya243 wrote:

So what happens then when you fall below standard?  I am out hundreds of dollars since the end of November because I sell light items that can be shipped in envelope with no tracking.  NOT one has volunteered to give my money back once they receive but are sure to send a message they got them.  I have just been refunding so I didn't fall below. 

Well, if you're shipping without tracking, then yes, you will have to refund for each and every INR claim, because you have no way of proving otherwise. I don't know why some of your buyers are telling you that they received the item eventually but still refusing to pay for it, but you could try sending them a PayPal invoice and see if they will cough up the money (or at least return the item) that way.

I had a glance at your listings, and your prices seem high enough that you could bury a First Class Package shipping price in there to get the tracking you need (especially as you have already shown that shipping without tracking is causing you a serious financial hit). You could at least partially offset the higher FCP postage price by raising your existing prices maybe a buck or two. You're not required to raise prices for the whole amount of FCP shipping vs. plain white envelopes, but a buck or two might help your costs without reducing your sales.

Message 29 of 47
latest reply

i have 32 items from 87 that have not left new orleans usps facility according to tracking. Send off Feb 15 should arrive Feb 22 but did not. Received Negative Feedback from one Buyer..."Never received"...this is **bleep**....I sent out infos to the Buyers explainin g due to the Cold Weather storm we had that Trucks and Planes did not arrive on schedule. If there is no update tonight my profile will have more Reds...:-(

Message 30 of 47
latest reply